At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges. Every day, our employees come to work with one focus – our customers’ missions. Whether it's protecting citizens or advancing the boundaries of science, these missions are some of the most important and challenging in the world.
Our number 1 ranked Defence Graduate Program in Australia 2020 is testament to the commitment of Lockheed Martin's success in developing early careers across the organisation. Lockheed Martin is a dynamic, growing, and energetic organisation offering stimulating, challenging work at the forefront of technology. Lockheed Martin is a leader in Australia’s National Security, and our collaboration with Australian industry spans the Aeronautics, Maritime, Surveillance and Defence domains. We employ approximately 100,000 staff worldwide, and over 1000 staff in Australia across multiple locations.
Who we are looking for:
We know it takes a diverse, collaborative and multi-skilled teams to deliver our projects. That’s why we need Graduates who are driven, ambitious team players who are as passionate as we are about building a better tomorrow – today.
You will be a curious learner and be excited about the opportunity to work with and learn from the best leaders in their fields.
You will also have outstanding communication skills – both written and verbal and have a flexible approach to managing changing priorities in this fast paced and dynamic environment.
Who we are looking for:
We are accepting applications for a 12 month Intern casual role within our Incident Response Team.
As an intern within the Computer Incident Response Team (CIRT) this position:
- contributes to projects and analysis processes within the team;
- Learns and performs basic log analysis, including correlating these logs across network sensors;
- Triages alerts and establishs suitability of mitigations;
- Analyses events and samples to write detections; and
- collaborates with a team of local and international analysts
This opportunity will provide you with paid professional experience and development in a real-world environment with a recognized global brand.
This is the perfect opportunity to apply your knowledge gained in tertiary studies and is catered for students who are part way through their studies in Computer Science, IT, Software and have a real interest in Cyber Security.
The benefits of an Internship are significant and can shape your future career, including -
- Experience in the interviewing process & working within a dynamic work environment
- Opportunity to work and learn from subject matter experts within your field of interest
- Experience working within a program team, contributing to outcomes
- Confidence gained in problem solving, organisational skills, technical competencies and teamwork
- The ability to apply your learnings from the workplace to shape final university topic/subjects or honours projects in areas of interest
At Lockheed Martin we value our team and the contribution they make every day. We offer rewarding career pathways working on interesting projects that make a difference, continuous professional development and the opportunity to learn from a diverse team of talented individuals.
Successful applicants will be required to obtain a defence security clearance. You must be an Australian citizen and have a ten-year verifiable background in Australia.
- Job type:Internships
Computer Science, Cyber Security, Defence, Engineering...
- Work rights:
- POSITION START DATE
Apr 2021 (approx)
- Program Duration
- Closing Date:12th Apr 2021, 1:59 pm