At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges. Every day, our employees come to work with one focus – our customers' missions. Whether it's protecting citizens or advancing the boundaries of science, these missions are some of the most important and challenging in the world.
Our number 1 ranked Defence Graduate Program in Australia 2020 is testament to the commitment of Lockheed Martin's success in developing early careers across the organisation. Lockheed Martin is a dynamic, growing, and energetic organisation offering stimulating, challenging work at the forefront of technology. Lockheed Martin is a leader in Australia's National Security, and our collaboration with Australian industry spans the Aeronautics, Maritime, Surveillance and Defence domains. We employ approximately 100,000 staff worldwide, and over 1000 staff in Australia across multiple locations.
We know it takes a diverse, collaborative and multi-skilled teams to deliver our projects. That’s why we need Graduates who are driven, ambitious team players who are as passionate about solving the world’s most complex challenges for our customers.
You will have either completed or be completing your tertiary level engineering qualification by December 2022 in a related discipline (typically Mechanical/ Electrical/ Mechatronic/ Aerospace Engineering or Software Engineering and/ or Computer Science).
You will be a curious learner and be excited about the opportunity to work with and learn from the best leaders in their fields. You will also have outstanding communication skills – both written and verbal and have a flexible approach to managing changing priorities in this fast paced and dynamic environment.
Your responsibilities will include:
Our award winning Lockheed Martin Australia Graduate Development Program is designed to expose you to unique professional and personal learning and development opportunities. You will be joining a global team where you are empowered to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
As a Graduate at Lockheed Martin, you will be applying your knowledge and experience using various technologies, tools and processes to develop effective approved solutions. You will participate in, and be exposed to, all stages of the engineering lifecycle, adopting a systems based approach to engineering. This can include one or more of the following in an engineering environment:
- Research, design, document, prototype and investigate systems
- Coding and unit testing
- Design and develop components for installation
- Correct errors in existing maintained systems
- Provide input to the assessment of products
- Assist with preparation and analysis of test reports
What Lockheed Martin’s rewards and benefits could look like for you:
At Lockheed Martin we value our team and the contribution they make every day. We offer rewarding career pathways working on interesting projects that make a difference, continuous professional development and the opportunity to learn from a diverse team of talented individuals. In return we offer:
- Competitive Remuneration including review framework as part of the 2 year program
- A structured learning approach to your professional development
- We offer genuine work/life flexibility including a 9 day, compacted fortnight (every 2nd Friday off)
- Membership to Destination Discounts – that saves you money on every day purchases including supermarkets, petrol, department stores to name a few
- Annual flu vaccinations
- Salary packaging for car leasing.
From competitive salary package and benefits to training and development opportunities we show our appreciation for your skills, ambitions and potential.
What makes our graduate program award winning:
- A permanent role with Lockheed Martin
- A 2-year structured Graduate Development Program
- A coaching and mentoring program – paired with a dedicated Mentor - learn from the best!
- On the job training engaged as part of the team working on challenging and interesting projects
- Offsite training and development days
- Access to cutting-edge technology and thought leadership
- Forums to engage and network with peers, SME’s and senior leadership.
Successful applicants will be required to obtain a Defence Security Clearance. You must be an Australian Citizen and have a ten-year verifiable background
Expression of interest– tell us more about you and why you want your career with Lockheed Martin Australia. Be sure to include information such as your preferred location, expected graduation date and notable achievements throughout your time at university.
- Selection interview with our team – we understand you will have lots of questions for us too and will ensure we spend time answering them.
- Assessments & reference checking.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Lockheed Martin supports Equal Employment Opportunity and Diversity in the workplace by creating a place of employment that is, harassment free, diverse, fair, ethical, inclusive, and values the contribution of all its employees. Diversity and inclusion are the foundation of our culture and reflect our values of doing what’s right, respecting others and performing with excellence. By leveraging our employees’ unique talents and experiences, we will deliver innovative, affordable solutions and unparalleled customer value.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Computer Science, Cyber Security, Engineering, Engineering...
- Work rights:
- Work from home:
Employees are allowed to work remotely some of the time but most of the work is done at the company’s physical office. Remote work is considered a perk or a privilege. For example, an employee may work from home for 1-2 days per week.
Canberra, Regional New...
- Program Duration
- Closing Date:9th Jan 2023, 12:59 pm