Lockheed Martin is a leader in Australia's National Security, and our collaboration with Australian industry spans the Aeronautics, Maritime, Surveillance and Defence domains.
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges. Every day, our employees come to work with one focus - our customers' missions. Whether it's protecting citizens or advancing the boundaries of science, these missions are some of the most important and challenging in the world.
What we offer you:
At Lockheed Martin we value our team and the contribution they make every day. We offer rewarding career pathways working on interesting projects that make a difference, continuous professional development and the opportunity to learn from a diverse team of talented individuals. In return we offer:
- Competitive Remuneration including review framework as part of the 2 year program
- A structured learning approach to your professional development
- We offer genuine work/life flexibility including a 9 day, compacted fortnight (every 2nd Friday off)
- Membership to Destination Discounts - that saves you money on every day purchases including supermarkets, petrol, department stores to name a few
- Annual flu vaccinations
- Salary packaging for car leasing
From competitive salary package and benefits to training and development opportunities we show our appreciation for your skills, ambitions and potential.
What makes our graduate program award winning:
- A permanent role with Lockheed Martin
- A 2-year structured Graduate Development Program
- A coaching and mentoring program - paired with a dedicated Mentor - learn from the best!
- On the job training engaged as part of the team working on challenging and interesting projects
- Offsite training and development days
- Access to cutting-edge technology and thought leadership
- Forums to engage and network with peers, SME's and senior leadership
Your responsibilities will include:
As a Graduate at Lockheed Martin, you will be applying your knowledge and experience using various technologies, tools and processes to develop effective approved solutions. You will participate in, and be exposed to, all stages of the engineering lifecycle, adopting a systems based approach to engineering. Some of your practical duties will include:
- Designing, developing, documenting, testing and debugging software products that contains logical and mathematical solutions to customer mission problems.
- Being actively engaged in the planning, conduct and coordination of professional software development activities.
- Building, sharing and applying knowledge of computer hardware and software frameworks and methods to develop software.
- Collaborating to ensure professional software processes and standards applicable to the mission domain are met.
Our award winning Lockheed Martin Australia Graduate Development Program is designed to expose you to unique professional and personal learning and development opportunities. You will be joining a global team where you are empowered to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
You will have either recently completed or be completing your tertiary level software engineering qualification by July 2023 and have gained the following experience & competencies throughout your study:
- Understanding of relevant technologies and domains with in engineering
- Computer literacy with an ability to produce, analyse and interpret reports
- Basic to intermediate skills and experience in the use of MS Office and other relevant software packages and applications
- Understanding of principles, theories and concepts and ability to apply these to solve problems
In addition to this, we look for graduates with outstanding communication skills who have the ability to build and maintain effective working relationships across all levels. You will have a high learning aptitude and a drive to constantly update your knowledge in a dynamic environment. Special Requirements:
Successful applicants will be required to obtain a Defence Security Clearance. You must be an Australian Citizen and have a ten-year verifiable background
- Interview- tell us more about you and why you want your career with Lockheed Martin Australia. Be sure to include information such as your preferred location, expected graduation date and notable achievements
throughout your time at university.
- Selection interview with our team - we understand you will have lots of questions for us too and will ensure we spend time answering them.
- Assessments & reference checking.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Lockheed Martin supports Equal Employment Opportunity and Diversity in the workplace by creating a place of employment that is, harassment free, diverse, fair, ethical, inclusive, and values the contribution of all its employees. Diversity and inclusion are the foundation of our culture and reflect our values of doing what's right, respecting others and performing with excellence. By leveraging our employees' unique talents and experiences, we will deliver innovative, affordable solutions and unparalleled customer value.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Disciplines:Computer Science, Construction, Cyber Security, Data...
- Work rights:Australian Citizen
- POSITION START DATE
Aug 2023 (approx)
- Program Duration
- Closing Date:12th Feb 2023, 12:59 pm