- Full Time, Fixed Term-24 months.
- Not-for-profit sector.
- Based in North Melbourne.
Lort Smith is Australia’s largest not-for-profit animal hospital with a clear vision to be recognized as the leader in Australia for animal health and wellbeing.
About Lort Smith
Located in the heart of Melbourne’s hospital and health precinct in North Melbourne, Lort Smith has a significant 80 year history having grown from humble beginnings. Today, Lort Smith reaches the community in three very unique ways; in our Animal Hospital by providing exceptional veterinary care irrespective of client’s personal circumstances; in our Adoption Centre by providing sanctuary, rehabilitation, welfare and new homes to animals in need; and through our Community Outreach programs which focus on nurturing the human-animal bond and responsible pet ownership.
The primary purpose of the Graduate/Junior Accountant is to ensure that Lort Smiths’ financial processes and reporting systems are robust and accurate as well as being able to meet the information and analytical demands of a rapidly growing not-for-profit. Specifically, this role will be responsible for:
- Manage day to day operations of the accounts department, including accounts payable, receivable and general administration.
- Responsibility ensuring that efficient and responsive financial services are provided to the organization.
- Assists in ensuring that financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted policies and procedures in accordance with relevant legislation, policies and standards.
- Responsible for the coordination and processing of the fortnightly payroll.
- Ensure prompt generation of disbursements including Superannuation, Payroll Deductions and PAYG.
- Ensure and provide accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year-end close processes and reporting.
- Analysis reporting on overtime, FTE, headcount, vacancy rate, variance reporting (budgeted hours to actual hours worked) and any other ad hoc analysis.
To be successful in the role you will have:
- Bachelor of Accounting.
- Study towards CA or CPA or CFA.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting practices and principles.
- Knowledge and experience accounting computer applications (Sage ERP; MS Dynamic Nav, Oracle; Sap).
- Excellent organization and administrative skills with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Team player and a pro-active approach to your work.
- Has the ability to cope under pressure and tight deadlines.
If you would like a copy of the position description, please email [email protected]
To learn more about Lort Smith and the wonderful work we do, please visit www.lortsmith.com
Lort Smith is an equal opportunity employer and supports workplace diversity.
- Job type:Entry Level Jobs
- Work rights:
- Closing Date:28th May 2021, 1:59 pm