We’re looking for students from a wide range of degree backgrounds who are completing their degree in 2021. You’ll be looking to gain real experience and to help us create success for clients, colleagues and communities. You can build your own future as you contribute to ours.
If you can demonstrate strong academic performance and involvement in extra-curricular and community activities and a genuine interest in financial services, we’d like to hear from you!
Applications for our 2020 / 2021 Summer Internship Programs are now open.
About our Summer Internship Program
By joining the Macquarie Summer Internship Program you’ll become an integral member of the team for your entire placement. You’ll be sitting side-by-side with business leaders, learning on the job, making a difference and working on live projects and transactions.
Your career development starts with a Macquarie wide orientation. You’ll then embark on a structured 10-12 week program with on-the-job training and the opportunity to build your network. The experience you will have throughout your program can set you up for a successful career following the completion of your studies.
We have opportunities for our 2020 / 2021 Summer Internship Program in Corporate finance, M&A and Markets (Sydney and Perth).
Corporate finance and M&A
Macquarie Capital combines specialist expertise, innovative advice and flexible capital solutions to help clients and partners make opportunity reality. Global corporate M&A and advisory capabilities are underpinned by deep specialist expertise across a range of sectors, and a full spectrum of capital solutions, from debt, equity and private capital raising to investing its own capital to enable new opportunities.
Working in Macquarie Capital, you could be:
- Analysing financial data; including building and running financial models;
- Drafting presentations to pitch transaction ideas to clients;
- Involved in running key transaction work streams on live deals, for example; a due diligence Q&A on a private treaty deal, drafting a prospectus for an IPO or liaising with legal representatives or tax advisers on key transaction issues; and
- Tracking share price movements and press articles to keep the deal team updated as transactions progress.
Our Commodities and Global Markets group has over 2,800 staff in 22 countries who provide products and services to clients exposed to commodities and financial markets.
The group specialises in providing clients with access to markets, financing, financial hedging, research and market analysis, and physical execution across energy; metals, mining and agriculture; fixed income and currencies; credit; futures and equity markets.
With a diverse platform covering more than 25 market segments and over 200 products that have evolved over more than four decades, the group leverages its deep market knowledge to provide tailored solutions for clients.
In our Commodities and Global Markets group you could be:
- Developing your knowledge of market dynamics;
- Tailoring innovative products and solutions for clients;
- Producing fundamental market analysis and research;
- Monitoring and liaising with clients and customers throughout the deal lifecycle;
- Modelling and collaborating on risk management, including compliance and regulatory obligations; and
- Contributing to major projects that lead to impactful and observable results.
Group Treasury is responsible for capital, funding, liquidity and interest rate risk management of Macquarie's balance sheet. It also manages Macquarie's liquid asset portfolio and is responsible for managing debt investor, rating agency and banking relationships.
Working in our Group Treasury team, you could be:
- Raising diversified and cost-effective funding and capital;
- Providing accurate pricing of funding and capital to support optimal business decisions;
- Helping to manage balance sheet risk; and
- Assisting the business in pursuing new opportunities.
Groups that Corporate finance, M&A and Markets Interns will be placed into:
- Commodities and Global Markets
- Financial Management Group
- Macquarie Capital
We encourage students studying Business, Commerce, Law, Engineering or Mathematics and who are completing their studies in 2021 to apply.
Visit www.macquarie.com/graduates to find out where a career at Macquarie could take you.
- Job type:Internships
Banking and Finance, Business and Commerce,...
Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident,...
- Closing Date:28th Jul 2020, 1:59 pm