Who We Are
Marmalade Group is obsessed with solving the cash flow problem for small to medium sized businesses once and for all. We know getting paid on time is an age old problem that often hinders businesses ability to secure and serve customers in a timely manner. Marmalade was founded to take the cash flow pressure off businesses and help them thrive.
Marmalade enables suppliers to “cash-in” invoices and get paid straight away without incurring any debt or risk. We provide customers with flexible payment options, and handle all administration of collecting payments, empowering businesses to focus on what they do best.
Who You Are
We’re looking for a Data Analyst who wants to join a start-up from the early stages. You are passionate about data analytics and want to learn best practice analytical and coding skills, solve problems, and provide actionable analysis. You get a thrill from working in a fast paced environment, and learning quickly by being thrown in the deep end.
Reporting into the Senior Risk and Analytics Manager, the Data analyst will perform the following tasks:
- Conduct ad-hoc analysis and present insights across the business; by understanding a business areas’ problem, applying analytical thinking to refine their data requirements, extracting and manipulating data, and then effectively communicating your insights.
- Perform statistical analyses to draw insights from data.
- Improve and maintain credit risk, fraud risk, and pricing models.
- Assist to develop automated reporting across for business areas such as product, finance, sales, and customer success.
- Identify and communicate data issues and own data quality for the analyses and reports produced.
- Work with product, engineering, and design to analyse data and manage event tracking to help make product decisions.
- Assist teams to accurately measure and monitor product / feature impacts.
- Help us extend data literacy and curiosity throughout the whole company.
Requirements and Skills
- Up to two years work experience in banking, finance, consulting, start-ups or similar, but graduates actively encouraged to apply.
- A bachelor's degree or higher in a quantitative discipline e.g. Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Science
- Demonstrate a passion to learn the data analytics discipline, solve problems, innovate, and work at a start-up or in tech
- Experience with SQL and similar languages (e.g. python, R, SAS) SAS with the ability to manipulate and draw insights from data. Programming skills will be highly regarded.
- Ability to perform statistical techniques such as regression, hypothesis testing, prediction, forecasting, and modelling to draw insights from data.
- Medium to advanced Excel skills and experience with data visualisation tools such as Tableau or PowerBI.
- Self-starter who is intellectually curious, and comfortable operating in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate, build relationships, and collaborate with colleges.
- Enjoy working in a small, close-knit, and high-performing team.
Perks / Culture
- Our team is based in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane and comprises alumni from Afterpay, SafetyCulture, Autopilot and Prospa.
- This role will be based in Melbourne and the new team member will have access to a workspace in Melbourne’s CBD. A minimum of three days in the office will be required, but remote work is also encouraged.
- We believe that all ideas are good ideas and all voices are equal.
- We love those that think differently and want a challenge. We’re here to change the game.
- Opportunities for career progression.
- We offer competitive remuneration.
To apply, please send your CV and a concise cover letter outlining 1) why you are interested in the role and,
2) why your experience/education makes you a good candidate to [email protected]
Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Computer Science, Data Science and Analytics,...
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, Australian Citizen
- Building 1, Level 3, 1 Breakfast Creek, Newstead, QLD 4006Locations:
- Closing Date:30th May 2021, 12:59 pm