- Work within a high performing, collaborative team environment
- A unique company culture that offers freedom and responsibility
- Great opportunities for Career Development
We at Mars Petcare have a rare opportunity for a Field Sales Representative to join our sales team. Working within the Retail Sales team, you will be responsible for implementing our strategies of category management, product range, presence and effective promotional programs in order to grow the Mars Petcare business. You will act as the Mars Petcare ambassador ensuring professional representation and outstanding availability of our products in both the Geelong and Tasmania territories.
What you’ll do with Mars Petcare:
- Build and maintain mutual customer relationships throughout your territory;
- Proactively manage trade expenditure to deliver against your sales targets;
- Execute promotional plans in store to maximise sales and brand presence, while collaborating with your customers to identify new growth opportunities;
- Execution of all national programs within your territory including proactively communicating on compliance issues;
- Ensure product availability in all accounts as per the agreed channel or account plans;
- Manage Point of Sale (POS) ordering, storage and waste minimisation;
- Action consumer and customer feedback in a timely manner;
- Deliver against key performance indicators including territory coverage, distribution, share of shelf, off location displays and turn in orders.
What we are looking for in a candidate for this role:
- Bachelor in Business, Marketing or other related discipline preferred but not essential;
- Previous exposure and/or experience in sales essential;
- Resilient and highly motivated;
- Self-Starter with high energy and learning agility;
- Ability to demonstrate ability to negotiate and build relationships;
- Full Australian Driver’s License.
Why Mars Australia?
- Awarded Australia’s #6 company for 2018 in the Best Places to Work survey in the 1,000 + employees category;
- Be paid weekly, with regular onsite visits from our banking partner to support your financial wellbeing;
- Opportunity to opt-in to our Mars superannuation co-contribution matching scheme;
- Access to our Maxxia Rewards Programme offering discounts across dining and entertainment;
- Enrolment to world class training via our Mars University centre of learning excellence;
- Complimentary beverages, fruit and confectionery product throughout our Melbourne office.
Mars Petcare is a diverse and growing business with 75,000 Associates across 50+ countries dedicated to one purpose: A BETTER WORLD FOR PETS. With 75 years of experience, our portfolio of almost 50 brands serves the health and nutrition needs of the world’s pets – including brands PEDIGREE®, WHISKAS®, ROYAL CANIN®, NUTRO™, GREENIES™, DINE®, MY DOG®, IAMS™ and EUKANUBA™ as well as The WALTHAM Centre for Pet Nutrition which has advanced research in the nutrition and health of pets for over 50 years. Mars Petcare is also a leading veterinary health provider through a network of over 2,000 pet hospitals including BANFIELD™, BLUEPEARL™, PET PARTNERS™, VCA™ and Linnaeus. We’re also active in innovation and technology for pets, with WISDOM PANEL™ genetic health screening and DNA testing for dogs, the WHISTLE™ GPS dog tracker, and LEAP VENTURE STUDIO accelerator and COMPANION FUND™ programs that drive innovation and disruption in the pet care industry. As a family business and guided by our principles, we are privileged with the flexibility to fight for what we believe in – and we choose to fight for: A BETTER WORLD FOR PETS.
For more information about careers at Mars, please visit www.mars.com/australia/en/careers.
Mars Australia & New Zealand is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
Introductions via agency will not be accept
- Job type:Entry level jobs
Fast Moving Consumer Goods, Food Technology,...
New Zealand Citizen, Australian Citizen,...
- Closing Date:12th Jul 2019, 11:00 am