Due to the short nature of the Intern engagement, Mars does not offer relocation for this opportunity and you must be available to be on site at Wyong daily.
Are you a current student who wants to get a taste of what life at Mars entails? Keen to play an important role in our Engineering team here at Mars? Are you humble, driven by success, and someone who can turn feedback into a personal learning opportunity? Do you operate by a set of values and care about the impact your work has on our global communities? If this sounds like you and you’re ready to learn and grow with a company that values your development and career, we want to hear from you!
The Mars Food Engineering Internship will be a three-month engagement from December 2021 – February 2022 and is designed to give you work experience on a real project that delivers real results for the company, while also letting you explore what Life at Mars is about! Working at our Mars Food site in Wyong, NSW where our teams produce brands like Masterfoods, Dolmio, and Kantong, you will join our Engineering team to deliver on a real project that will deliver real results for the business!
Engineering at Mars Food is a true hands on role, where you can work on projects in the office, then go and implement in the factory – it's all on the one site! The Engineering and Maintenance teams at Mars work on highly automated and complex processes to ensure that our products can be produced to high quality and food safety standards, whilst ensuring the personal safety of everyone that works on site.
Throughout our factory there is a maze of pipework that is used to move ingredients and services between processes, with a huge number of pumps and valves used to send them in the right direction. The purpose of this project is to rationalise the number of valves and optimise the maintenance plans to be more precise using risk analysis and historical data to ultimately reduce cost.
With the guidance and mentorship of your Line Manager, you will:
- Undertake SAP Maintenance Plan Optimisation
- Perform Risk Analysis on each valve to help evaluate new approach
- Collate Data and provide Analysis
- Simplify Parts Ordering Procedures
- Provide Operational Implementation of updates
- Review and update Engineering Controls
What does a successful Mars graduate look like?
- Energetic and Passionate: a love for the food industry is a must!
- Humble: you understand that success comes from teamwork and you enjoy celebrating wins with your teammates
- Driven: Delivering tangible outcomes is important to you and you are passionate about ensuring the role you play is contributing to the bigger picture
- Analytical: You are logical and methodical when identifying the best solution for a difficult problem. You won’t stop at the first answer and apply critical thinking to look beyond the obvious and understand the issue at hand
- Curious: You are curious about the world you work in and want to explore new ideas and new ways of working. You understand that there can be many failed attempts before finding the best way
- Adaptable: You thrive in a changing environment and can adapt when things are up in the air. You enjoy the challenge of unfamiliar tasks
Why Mars Australia?
- Awarded #4 in the Best Place to Work Australia survey for 2020
- Be part of an intern cohort – Aside from your functional team, your intern cohort is your family and you will go on the journey together. There will be social and development opportunities with your peers from other functional programs (Engineering and Sales/Marketing), giving insight into Mars operations from a different lens
- Focus on development – you will have a Personalised Development Plan, as well as accelerated learning opportunities so that you can experience what life as a Mars Associate is like
- Career progression – joining Mars on the Internship program will give you the opportunity to showcase your talent in order to be considered for future Graduate and Entry Level roles
- Real role, real projects – from day one, you will start your Mars journey in a real role that delivers real outcomes for the business
What do MARS®, SNICKERS®, EXTRA®, ECLIPSE®, PEDIGREE®, WHISKAS®, DOLMIO®, UNCLE BEN’S® MASTERFOODS ® and ROYAL CANIN® have in common? They’re all made by Mars. We’re a family-owned, principle led business that’s been making products for people (and the pets that people love) for more than 100 years. Together, our 125,000+ Associates around the world are empowered to take action every day towards the world we want tomorrow. Because we know, the world we want tomorrow starts with how we do business today.
For more information visit careers.mars.com
Mars Australia & New Zealand is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
- Job type:Internships
Engineering, Engineering Civil Structural, Engineering Mechanical,...
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
Regional New South...
- Position Start Date
November 29, 2021
- Program Duration
- Closing Date:15th Aug 2021, 11:59 pm