Are you excited about kicking off the first step of your career and want to play an important role in our Engineering team at Mars? Are you humble, driven for success, and someone who can turn feedback into a personal learning opportunity? Do you operate by a set of values and care about the impact your work has on our global communities? If this sounds like you and you’re ready to learn and grow with a company that values your development and career, we want to hear from you!
Our Mars Engineering Leadership Experience is a two year, accelerated development program designed to set you up for success on your path to becoming a future leader at Mars. You will develop across two assignments within the Engineering function, which are real roles, delivering real results for Mars.
Working at our Mars Food site in Wyong, NSW where our teams develop the likes of Masterfoods, Dolmio, and Kan Tong you will join our Engineering team and have the opportunity to gain exposure to a variety of roles across Engineering Project Manager, Project Engineer, and Electrical & Automation Engineer.
What is Engineering at Mars?
SAFETY CHAMPION: Safety first – by following the Mars Responsibility Principle, you will take responsibility for ensuring individual safety compliance as well as ensuring safety processes are followed for others engaged to undertake work with Mars and that the end result is safe for everyone involved.
QUALITY CHAMPION: You will be someone who takes pride in ensuring that the result is a quality product. You will ensure that Mars Quality Principles and framework are understood ensuring individual compliance, work compliance for those undertaking the work and that the finished product is safe to operate, maintain and complies with HACCP plans.
COLLABORATION: You understand that teamwork is the key to successful delivery and want to ensure that stakeholders are consulted and involved in developing the To Be (future state). Regular communication will be part of your approach to ensure a clear and effective change management process.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT: Your ideas matter! You will have the opportunity to assist or lead the execution of Capital and Continuous Improvement tasks as part of a larger program or stand-alone project across Process, Packaging, Automation, or Building & Utility projects, which allow us to make some of the world’s leading brands at scale!
What does a successful Mars graduate look like?
- Energetic and Passionate: a love for the food industry is a must!
- Humble: you understand that success comes from teamwork and you enjoy celebrating wins with your teammates
- Results Driven: Delivering tangible outcomes is important to you and you are passionate about ensuring the role you play is contributing to the bigger picture
- Analytical: You are logical and methodical when identifying the best solution for a difficult problem. You won’t stop at the first answer and apply critical thinking to look beyond the obvious and understand the issue at hand
- Curious: You are curious about the world you work in and want to explore new ideas and new ways of working. You understand that there can be many failed attempts before finding the best way
- Adaptable: You thrive in a changing environment and can adapt when things are up in the air. You enjoy the challenge of unfamiliar tasks
Why Mars Australia?
- Awarded #4 in the Best Place to Work Australia survey for 2020
- Be part of a graduate cohort – Aside from your functional team, your graduate team is your family and you will go on the journey together. There will be regular social and development opportunities with your peers from other functional programs (Engineering and Sales/Marketing), giving insight into Mars operations from a different lens
- Focus on development – you will have a Personalised Development Plan, as well as accelerated learning opportunities to set you up to tackle your target role post program
- Career progression – we have five business segments across 7 sites in Australia and New Zealand, with opportunities available for you to learn and grow
- Real role, real projects – from day one, you will start your Mars journey in a real role that delivers real outcomes for the business
What do MARS®, SNICKERS®, EXTRA®, ECLIPSE®, PEDIGREE®, WHISKAS®, DOLMIO®, UNCLE BEN’S® MASTERFOODS ® and ROYAL CANIN® have in common? They’re all made by Mars. We’re a family-owned, principle led business that’s been making products for people (and the pets that people love) for more than 100 years. Together, our 125,000+ Associates around the world are empowered to take action every day towards the world we want tomorrow. Because we know, the world we want tomorrow starts with how we do business today.
For more information visit careers.mars.com
Mars Australia & New Zealand is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Engineering, Engineering Chemical Processing, Engineering Civil...
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
Regional New South...
- Position Start Date
January 17, 2022
- Program Duration
- Closing Date:3rd Aug 2021, 3:24 am