Are you excited about kicking off the first step of your career and want to play an important role in our Sales and Marketing team at Mars? Are you humble, driven for success, and someone who can turn feedback into a personal learning opportunity? Do you operate by a set of values and care about the impact your work has on our global communities? If this sounds like you and you’re ready to learn and grow with a company that values your development and career, we want to hear from you!
Our Mars Sales and Marketing Leadership Experience is a two year, accelerated development program designed to set you up for success on your path to becoming a future leader at Mars. You will develop across two assignments within the Sales and Marketing function, which are real roles, delivering real results for Mars.
Working at our Mars Wrigley Head Office in Melbourne, VIC, you will join the Sales and Marketing team where our team’s energy comes from bringing our global brands to life for our consumers. Working closely with brands such as Extra, M&M’s, and of course, Mars, you will gain exposure to Sales and Marketing operations from the lens of Field Sales, Customer Marketing, Category, New Product Innovation, Brand Marketing, and Supply and Demand Planning.
SELLING: The ability to be able to persuade and influence action from the Customer by understanding their needs and then articulating product benefits, value propositions and business solutions to meet those needs.
CREATE COMPELLING CAMPAIGNS: Assist in development compelling marketing and innovation plans that are anchored consumer, shopper, category and customer insights.
CALL EFFECTIVENESS: The ability to execute a structured and effective field sales/retail call with ongoing measurement for continual improvement.
CONSUMER CHAMPION: Develop a strong understanding of our consumers, leveraging insights to ensure the consumer is at the heart of everything we do
BUILDING WINNING RELATIONSHIPS: The ability to build strategic alignment with our Customers and develop and leverage collaborative cross functional internal relationships. The benefits of this will be ensuring we unlock mutual business development opportunities and execute winning Marketing plans and campaigns.
LEVERAGE INSIGHTS INTO ACTION: The ability to analyze a wide range of knowledge and data into insight that creates foresight and recommended action which delivers business opportunities for the company and our Customers.
What does a successful Mars graduate look like?
- Energetic and Passionate: a love for the food industry is a must!
- Humble: you understand that success comes from teamwork and you enjoy celebrating wins with your teammates
- Driven: Delivering tangible outcomes is important to you and you are passionate about ensuring the role you play is contributing to the bigger picture
- Analytical: You are logical and methodical when identifying the best solution for a difficult problem. You won’t stop at the first answer and apply critical thinking to look beyond the obvious and understand the issue at hand
- Curious: You are curious about the world you work in and want to explore new ideas and new ways of working. You understand that there can be many failed attempts before finding the best way
- Adaptable: You thrive in a changing environment and can adapt when things are up in the air. You enjoy the challenge of unfamiliar tasks
Why Mars Australia?
- Awarded #4 in the Best Place to Work Australia survey for 2020
- Be part of a graduate cohort – Aside from your functional team, your graduate team is your family and you will go on the journey together. There will be regular social and development opportunities with your peers from other functional programs (Engineering and Sales/Marketing), giving insight into Mars operations from a different lens
- Focus on development – you will have a Personalised Development Plan, as well as accelerated learning opportunities to set you up to tackle your target role post program
- Career progression – we have five business segments across 7 sites in Australia and New Zealand, with opportunities available for you to learn and grow
- Real role, real projects – from day one, you will start your Mars journey in a real role that delivers real outcomes for the business
What do MARS®, SNICKERS®, EXTRA®, ECLIPSE®, PEDIGREE®, WHISKAS®, DOLMIO®, MASTERFOODS ® and ROYAL CANIN® have in common? They’re all made by Mars. We’re a family-owned, principle led business that’s been making products for people (and the pets that people love) for more than 100 years. Together, our 125,000+ Associates around the world are empowered to take action every day towards the world we want tomorrow. Because we know, the world we want tomorrow starts with how we do business today.
For more information visit careers.mars.com
Mars Australia & New Zealand is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Administration, Business and Commerce, Communications, Marketing...
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- Position Start Date
January 17, 2022
- Program Duration
- Closing Date:15th Aug 2021, 11:59 pm