Who are we?
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and innovative risk management solutions. Since 1871 clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. We have over 35,000 colleagues in more than 500 offices serving businesses, public entities and private clients in 130 countries. Marsh is a business of Marsh & McLennan Companies, the leading global professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. Marsh & McLennan Companies also include global leaders Guy Carpenter, Mercer, and Oliver Wyman.
Why join our graduate program?
When you join Marsh, you get more than a job – you are placed on a fast track to a meaningful career. You join us as a permanent employee from day one, and throughout the 18-month rotational program, you will attend graduate focused development days and participate in volunteering opportunities with your cohort. Our Graduate Program is tailored to consider your previous experiences and educational background, as well as your interests and ambitions. Your wellbeing is important to us, and you will be provided with a range of initiatives and activities that support your wellness.
What does our team do?
The Public Sector division specialises in the risk and insurance requirements of the Government sector including Local Government Authorities. We offer traditional insurance products and self-insurance solutions to our clients together with a comprehensive range of services to manage a client’s total risk exposure. We also act as both the claims managers and claims advocates on more than 40,000 claims per year, across all classes of insurance. The clients range from large global organisations to SME’s, self-insurance funds, discretionary trusts and public sector organisations.
What can you expect?
- Research to obtain understanding of businesses within Public Sector and industry (clients and markets)
- Summarise research and client information
- Attend client meetings
- Work with qualified member service personnel on client deliverables
- Expectation that a Tier One Insurance Broking compliance certificate be completed (on the job and paid for by Marsh)
- Gain an understanding of and involvement in the Insurance Broking process
- Assessment of Client Risk profiles and input on development of Risk Management strategies
- Gain an understanding of the Public Sector Claims management and client engagement process
Our hiring criteria
- Applicants must be an Australian citizen or a permanent resident
- Be in your final year of a university degree or have completed your degree in the past 2 years
- Graduates with a minimum of 65% grade point average (credit average)
- Involvement with extra-curricular activities such as volunteering, sporting teams and/or community initiatives
- A relevant degree, discipline or major in Commerce or Economics
We embrace diversity and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and experiences. Our application process can be modified to meet your specific needs, so please let us know if you require support.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Accounting, Actuary, Administration, Banking and Finance,...
- Work rights:
Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident,...
- Closing Date:8th Oct 2020, 12:46 am