Who are we?
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and innovative risk management solutions. Since 1871 clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. We have over 35,000 colleagues in more than 500 offices serving businesses, public entities and private clients in 130 countries. Marsh is a business of Marsh & McLennan Companies, the leading global professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. Marsh & McLennan Companies also include global leaders Guy Carpenter, Mercer, and Oliver Wyman.
Why join our graduate program?
Develop yourself on a personal and professional level inside a truly international company. When you join Marsh, you get more than a job – you are placed on a fast track to a meaningful career. You join us as a permanent employee from day one, and throughout the 18-month rotational program, you will attend graduate focused development days and participate in volunteering opportunities with your cohort. Our Graduate Program is tailored to consider your previous experiences and educational background, as well as your interests and ambitions. Your wellbeing is important to us, and you will be provided with a range of initiatives and activities that support your wellness.
What does our team do?
Energy & Power is part of our Marsh JLT Specialty business who harness local expertise and global specialisation to deliver risk advisory, insights, innovation and solutions. In Australia, we have an unparalleled level of expertise and we combine a personal touch with exceptional deal making and unsurpassed data analytics. Our colleagues are all specialists in our fields; we are high calibre, agile and accessible. We are currently looking for a Graduate for Energy & Power.
What can you expect?
- Assist Specialty practitioners with the development, implementation and management of risk management and insurance programs which accurately address client needs;
- Assist Specialty practitioners with the development and maintenance of effective long term relationships with key client decision makers through regular meetings and liaison;
- Work with Specialty practitioners to gain an understanding of the client's business, risk management and insurance needs;
- Acquire and maintain an awareness of the client's business and insurance needs, noting all briefing information provided by senior servicing and broking managers.
- Develop and maintain a basic technical understanding of all major classes of insurance including niche and specialised solutions which the Company offers to its clients.
- Develop and maintain a basic understanding of the core aspects of relevant Insurance and related legislation.
Our hiring criteria:
- Applicants must be an Australian citizen or a permanent resident
- Be in your final year of a university degree or have completed your degree in the past 2 years
- Open to applicants from all university degrees and backgrounds
- Graduates with a minimum of 65% grade point average (credit average)
- Involvement with extra-curricular activities such as volunteering, sporting teams and/or community initiatives
- Be available to commence full time employment on the 15th February 2021
We value diversity of thinking and consider applicants from all degree backgrounds. The ability to work collaboratively and provide innovative solutions to problems is more important than the degree you studied. We embrace diversity and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and experiences. Our application process can be modified to meet your specific needs, so please let us know if you require support.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne
- Closing Date:17th Jan 2021, 10:59 pm