Who are we?
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and innovative risk management solutions. Since 1871 clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. We have over 35,000 colleagues in more than 500 offices serving businesses, public entities and private clients in 130 countries. Marsh is a business of Marsh & McLennan Companies, the leading global professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. Marsh & McLennan Companies also include global leaders Guy Carpenter, Mercer, and Oliver Wyman.
Why join our graduate program?
Develop yourself on a personal and professional level inside a truly international company. When you join Marsh, you get more than a job – you are placed on a fast track to a meaningful career. You join us as a permanent employee from day one, and throughout the 18-month rotational program, you will attend graduate focused development days and participate in volunteering opportunities with your cohort. Our Graduate Program is tailored to consider your previous experiences and educational background, as well as your interests and ambitions. Your wellbeing is important to us, and you will be provided with a range of initiatives and activities that support your wellness.
What does our team do?
The Graduate will participate in rotations within the Technology functions to gain an understanding of its functions and role across the organisation. Within the rotations, the Graduate will join different teams to gain knowledge and experience whilst completing work assigned to them.
What can you expect?
- Working with PMs to manage overall project plans and Risk / Issue logs
- Helping to prepare steering group materials, business cases, etc. Attending key project meetings e.g. steering groups to understand the context
- Supporting key admin activities e.g. iBuy requests, invoicing. Understanding IT and project budgeting and accounting processes
- Supporting BAs in requirements analysis and documentation
- Supporting BAs and Test Analysts in test planning and UAT co-ordination
- Experience in the provision of Level 1, 2, and 3 IT customer support
- Hands on experience with customising Windows 10; Office 365, and iOS
- Familiarity with remote desktop tools such as Dameware, VNC, Zoom
- Working in a team environment that supports PNG, Fiji, New Zealand and Australia while working in a global company
Our hiring criteria:
- Applicants must be an Australian citizen or a permanent resident
- Be in your final year of a university degree or have completed your degree in the past 2 years
- Open to applicants from all university degrees and backgrounds
- Graduates with a minimum of 65% grade point average (credit average)
- Involvement with extra-curricular activities such as volunteering, sporting teams and/or community initiatives
- Be available to commence full time employment on the 15th February 2021
We value diversity of thinking and consider applicants from all degree backgrounds. The ability to work collaboratively and provide innovative solutions to problems is more important than the degree you studied. We embrace diversity and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and experiences. Our application process can be modified to meet your specific needs, so please let us know if you require support.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- Closing Date:17th Jan 2021, 10:59 pm