Who are we?
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and innovative risk management solutions. Since 1871 clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. We have over 35,000 colleagues in more than 500 offices serving businesses, public entities and private clients in 130 countries. Marsh is a business of Marsh & McLennan Companies, the leading global professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. Marsh & McLennan Companies also include global leaders Guy Carpenter, Mercer, and Oliver Wyman.
Why join our graduate program?
Develop yourself on a personal and professional level inside a truly international company. When you join Marsh, you get more than a job – you are placed on a fast track to a meaningful career. You join us as a permanent employee from day one, and throughout the 18-month rotational program, you will attend graduate focused development days and participate in volunteering opportunities with your cohort. Our Graduate Program is tailored to consider your previous experiences and educational background, as well as your interests and ambitions. Your wellbeing is important to us, and you will be provided with a range of initiatives and activities that support your wellness.
What does our team do?
Marsh Specialty consists of seven specialty practices which benefit from being coordinated globally, and in Australia we have some of the most experienced practitioners in the insurance market focused on each of these. We are looking for 1 Graduate in our Credit Specialties (Trade Credit, Political Risk, Structured Credit and Surety) practice to drive our talent further and faster.
What can you expect?
- Assist Specialty practitioners with the development, implementation and management of risk management and insurance programs which accurately address client needs;
- Assist Specialty practitioners with the development and maintenance of effective long term relationships with key client decision makers through regular meetings and liaison;
- Work with Specialty practitioners to gain an understanding of the client's business, risk management and insurance needs;
- Assist in originating and executing guarantee solutions for domestic and international corporate and financial institution clients;
- Work with Banks to provide portfolio and capital management solutions; and
- Assist in the management of an existing client portfolio, acquire new clients and relationships, and maintain relationships with key internal and external counterparties.
Our hiring criteria:
- Applicants must be an Australian citizen or a permanent resident
- Be completing your final year of a university degree or have completed your degree in the past 2 years and be able to commence full-time work 7 February 2022
- Open to applicants with Finance/Business/Commerce university degrees
- Graduates with a minimum of 65% grade point average (credit average)
- Involvement with extra-curricular activities such as volunteering, sporting teams and/or community initiatives is desirable
We value diversity of thinking and consider applicants from all degree backgrounds. The ability to work collaboratively and provide innovative solutions to problems is more important than the degree you studied. We embrace diversity and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and experiences. Our application process can be modified to meet your specific needs, so please let us know if you require support.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Accounting, Actuary, Administration, Banking and Finance,...
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- POSITION START DATE
Feb 2022 (approx)
- Program Duration
- Remote Friendly
- Closing Date:3rd Jan 2022, 10:59 pm