Who are we?
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and innovative risk management solutions. Since 1871 clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Marsh is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), a global professional services firm offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy, and human capital. With 58,000 employees worldwide and annual revenue exceeding $13 billion, Marsh & McLennan Companies is also the parent company of Guy Carpenter, a global leader in providing risk and reinsurance intermediary services; Mercer, a global leader in talent, health, retirement, and investment consulting; and Oliver Wyman, a global leader in management consulting.
The Graduate role will be with Mercer Marsh Benefits (MMB), which is the global brand name for our network of Mercer and Marsh offices providing our clients with specialist people risk consulting and employee benefits solutions for clients around the world. In Australia, we are Marsh Pty Ltd trading as Mercer Marsh Benefits (MMB). MMB is one of the largest people risk consultancy and brokerage businesses in Australia supporting our clients to keep their workforce healthy and protected so that their business is healthy and protected.
Why join the MMB graduate program?
Develop yourself on a personal and professional level inside a truly international company. When you join Marsh, you get more than a job – you are placed on a fast track to a meaningful career. You join us as a permanent employee from day one, and throughout the 18-month rotational program, you will attend graduate focused development days and participate in volunteering opportunities with your cohort. Our Graduate Program is tailored to consider your previous experiences and educational background, as well as your interests and ambitions. Your wellbeing is important to us, and you will be provided with a range of initiatives and activities that support your wellness.
A tangible benefit of joining MMB is that the 18-month rotation is broken into three separate 6-month rotations within three Employee Health & Benefits business units. This supports an enhanced understanding of and accelerated growth within People Risk.
Why join MMB?
MMB is a trusted people risk advisory partner to over 1500 clients across Australia including many of the top 100 ASX companies. A career in MMB will see you working with a huge variety of clients across a wide range of industries including; mining, energy, manufacturing, retail, financial services, construction and renewables. A career with MMB will provide you with a unique opportunity to not only be exposed to these industries and clients, but also to be involved in designing and delivering people risk solutions that enable our clients to succeed by ensuring their greatest assets are healthy, protected and productive. Our MMB team differentiate ourselves from our competitors by being the only partner that can design and deliver an integrated end to end people risk solutions covering specialist risk consulting, insurance program design and placement and rehabilitative services.
How does MMB deliver value to our clients?
Our MMB team work with over 1500 organisations across Australia to help their business leaders better understand and manage people risks across their business. Our approach to helping organisations manage these people risks is to view the management of these risks in a cycle – where each quadrant represents a critical business need.
Our team is uniquely positioned to support our clients across all 4 business needs through;
- Our class leading people risk consulting services where we can design tailored risk mitigation solutions which can be delivered at either at an individual risk level or a fully integrated program
- Tailored insurance solutions through our team of placement specialists covering;
- Accident & Health - international health insurance, group personal accident & corporate travel
- Group Life – group life and group salary continuance insurance
- Private Health Insurance - voluntary and subsidised private health insurance
- Our rehabilitative and return to work services, where our team of more than 250 allied health professionals support our clients get their ill or injured workers back to being healthy and productive
Our MMB team is the only risk partner that can support our clients through the entire people risk cycle
What can you expect?
- As a MMB Graduate you will be a valued member of one of the largest People Risk consultancy and broking firms in Australia.
- Confident in the fact that you will be learning from some of the most experienced people risk & insurance consultants in Australia who are making a real difference to our clients.
- A comprehensive initial training plan covering our MMB solutions and products many of which are unique in our industry.
- Exposure to a huge variety of clients across a wide range of industries.
- Exposure across the full range of personal injury insurers
- Exposure and involvement in the design and delivery of bespoke Employee Health and Benefit program for both Australian and International organisations.
As a valued MMB graduate you will also have the opportunity to learn or build your capabilities across a number of functions including:
- Insurance broking
- Client risk analysis
- Claims analysis
- Country specific compliance requirement relating to employee health and benefit programs
- Insurer negotiations, benchmarking and analysis
- Report preparation and Client presentations
- Project work
We value diversity of thinking and consider applicants from all degree backgrounds. The ability to work collaboratively and provide innovative solutions to problems is more important than the degree you studied. We embrace diversity and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and experiences.
Our hiring criteria:
- Applicants must be an Australian citizen or a permanent resident
- Be in your final year of a university degree or have completed your degree in the past 2 years
- Open to applicants from all university degrees and backgrounds
- Graduates with a minimum of 65% grade point average (credit average)
- Involvement with extra-curricular activities such as volunteering, sporting teams and/or community initiatives
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Accounting, Actuary, Administration, Architecture, Arts and...
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- Program Duration
- Salary range
$65000 + Super
- Position start date
- Closing Date:30th Nov 2021, 12:59 pm