Who are we?
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and innovative risk management solutions. Since 1871 clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. We have over 35,000 colleagues in more than 500 offices serving businesses, public entities and private clients in 130 countries. Marsh is a business of Marsh & McLennan Companies, the leading global professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. Marsh & McLennan Companies also include global leaders Guy Carpenter, Mercer, and Oliver Wyman
Why join our graduate program?
Develop yourself on a personal and professional level inside a truly international company. When you join Marsh, you get more than a job – you are placed on a fast track to a meaningful career. You join us as a permanent employee from day one, and throughout the 18-month rotational program, you will attend graduate focused development days and participate in volunteering opportunities with your cohort. Our Graduate Program is tailored to consider your previous experiences and educational background, as well as your interests and ambitions. Your wellbeing is important to us, and you will be provided with a range of initiatives and activities that support your wellness.
What does our team do?
Marketing and communication lead the delivery of
- Integrated marketing campaigns that drive revenue growth, engagement and retention across our client segments – we pretty much support risk management and insurance for any possible industry you can imagine or any size business.
- Brand and reputation management: developing awareness of Marsh and how we help the community plus protecting our reputation and perception of Marsh externally
- Colleague engagement and communication: helping colleagues believe in Marsh, what we do and how we help our clients, as well as understand what is happening across the business in Australia, Pacific and globally – colleague engagement develops the Marsh brand from the inside out.
What can you expect?
Firstly, you will be part of an agile team – energised and working collaboratively with the business to achieve the results set for our business. Your responsibilities will be varied. One day you could be developing the strategy for an integrated marketing campaign, engaging with senior stakeholders to bring it together and the next you could be helping assist in the execution of Marsh’s annual events calendar!
Specifically, during the marketing and communications rotations you will have a chance to be mentored by senior team members in the areas of:
- Digital Marketing
- Growth Marketing
This will allow you to develop general marketing skills across all marketing specialties.
Some fundamentals you can expect
- Distribution of regular colleague and client comms
- Event management
- Drafting of content and communications
- Research for marketing campaigns, particularly to understand audience attributes and channel opportunities
- Social media monitoring and community management
- Website management
- Reporting on marketing effectiveness.
Our hiring criteria:
- Relevant degrees - Business or Commerce with a marketing discipline major, communications, advertising, PR, Digital, Journalism with a marketing related double or major
- Applicants must be an Australian citizen or a permanent resident
- Be in your final year of a university degree or have completed your degree in the past 2 years
- Open to applicants from all university degrees and backgrounds
- Graduates with a minimum of 65% grade point average (credit average)
- Involvement with extra-curricular activities such as volunteering, sporting teams and/or community initiatives
We value diversity of thinking and consider applicants from all degree backgrounds. The ability to work collaboratively and provide innovative solutions to problems is more important than the degree you studied. We embrace diversity and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and experiences. Our application process can be modified to meet your specific needs, so please let us know if you require support.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Accounting, Actuary, Administration, Architecture, Arts and...
- Work rights:
New Zealand Citizen, Australian Citizen,...
- Position Start Date
- Program Duration
- Closing Date:23rd May 2021, 11:59 pm