Who are we?
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and innovative risk management solutions. Since 1871 clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. We have over 35,000 colleagues in more than 500 offices serving businesses, public entities and private clients in 130 countries. Marsh is a business of Marsh & McLennan Companies, the leading global professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. Marsh & McLennan Companies also include global leaders Guy Carpenter, Mercer, and Oliver Wyman
Why join our graduate program?
Develop yourself on a personal and professional level inside a truly international company. When you join Marsh, you get more than a job – you are placed on a fast track to a meaningful career. You join us as a permanent employee from day one, and throughout the 18-month rotational program, you will attend graduate focused development days and participate in volunteering opportunities with your cohort. Our Graduate Program is tailored to consider your previous experiences and educational background, as well as your interests and ambitions. Your wellbeing is important to us, and you will be provided with a range of initiatives and activities that support your wellness.
What does our team do?
The Marsh Technology team designs, builds, implements and supports technology capabilities that enable Marsh colleagues across the business to better serve our clients. The Graduate will undertake three 6 month rotations within the Technology team to gain a deep understanding of the work we do, and how we support the business. The rotations will be hands on work; you will be assigned as a contributing member of a technology team, under the direction of a technology leader, and your learning and experience will be largely gained on the job, with some targeted and directed study and training opportunities directly related to the subject area of that rotation. The intent is that after the completion of the 18 month graduate scheme, you will have an excellent understanding of the work of the technology function, what you enjoy and what you excel at, and where you would like to focus the next steps of your tech career at Marsh.
What can you expect?
The different rotations will be planned in consultation with you, but as a guide you can expect to be working across these key areas:
- Delivery Management: working alongside a project or program manager to steer a key delivery initiative to successful go-live, including integrating and orchestrating all the different moving parts to achieve a business outcome
- Application Engineering: embedded in an agile delivery team that is building a new business solution or capability. Key technologies used at Marsh include java script frameworks (e.g. Angular), .net / C#, java (Spring). Databases include both RDBMS (e.g. Oracle) and NoSql (Mongo).
- Solution Architecture & Design: working with solution and enterprise architects to define how we can best implement solutions that maximise re-use and drive a lower unit cost of IT. Marsh has a significant legacy application estate, and have adopted a micro-services based architecture for new development. This brings lots of exciting challenges and opportunities around how we upgrade our capabilities, leveraging the best of modern design and architecture approaches
- Business Analysis: working between our business colleagues and core technologists, to understand the opportunities and challenges our business faces, and crucially translating these into executable technology solutions
- Working in a team environment that supports PNG, Fiji, New Zealand and Australia while working in a global company
Our hiring criteria:
- Applicants must be an Australian citizen or a permanent resident
- Be in your final year of a university degree or have completed your degree in the past 2 years
- Open to applicants from all university degrees and backgrounds
- Graduates with a minimum of 65% grade point average (credit average)
- Involvement with extra-curricular activities such as volunteering, sporting teams and/or community initiatives
We value diversity of thinking and consider applicants from all degree backgrounds. The ability to work collaboratively and provide innovative solutions to problems is more important than the degree you studied. We embrace diversity and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and experiences. Our application process can be modified to meet your specific needs, so please let us know if you require support.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Accounting, Actuary, Administration, Architecture, Arts and...
- Work rights:
New Zealand Citizen, Australian Permanent...
- Salary range
$65,000 + super
- Position Start Date
February 7, 2022
- Program duration
- Closing Date:26th Sep 2021, 11:59 pm