Who are we?
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and innovative risk management solutions. Since 1871 clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. We have over 35,000 colleagues in more than 500 offices serving businesses, public entities and private clients in 130 countries. Marsh is a business of Marsh & McLennan Companies, the leading global professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. Marsh & McLennan Companies also include global leaders Guy Carpenter, Mercer, and Oliver Wyman
Why join our graduate program?
Develop yourself on a personal and professional level inside a truly international company. When you join Marsh, you get more than a job – you are placed on a fast track to a meaningful career. You join us as a permanent employee from day one, and throughout the 18-month rotational program, you will attend graduate focused development days and participate in volunteering opportunities with your cohort. Our Graduate Program is tailored to consider your previous experiences and educational background, as well as your interests and ambitions. Your wellbeing is important to us, and you will be provided with a range of initiatives and activities that support your wellness.
What does our team do?
The Safety Consulting team provides tailored health, safety and wellbeing solutions to clients across all industries. You will get exposure to safety consulting work including safety management systems, auditing, cloud-based compliance systems, risk assessments, training, mental health and wellbeing and unique investigation and review work.
Throughout your work you will also get exposure across the Mercer Marsh Benefits group including workers’ compensation and occupational rehabilitation to develop your thinking around people risk, injury management and recovery from injury and illness.
What can you expect?
You can expect to:
- Follow senior members of the safety consulting team and observe management of safety projects and safety consulting work
- Get exposure to multiple industries and apply your safety skills in various ways
- Attend and assist in client projects including safety audits, risk assessments and training
- Help to build and manage online safety compliance systems such as online incident and hazard reporting systems for clients
- Learn project management and delivery skills
- Build capabilities in delivery of safety consulting projects to enable you to deliver your own client projects
Our hiring criteria:
- Applicants must be an Australian citizen or a permanent resident
- Be in your final year of a university degree or have completed your degree in the past 2 years
- Open to applicants from all university degrees and backgrounds
- Graduates with a minimum of 65% grade point average (credit average)
- Involvement with extra-curricular activities such as volunteering, sporting teams and/or community initiatives
- Graduates must have attained a degree in safety science to be eligible for this role
- Be able to travel to regional and interstate locations with some overnight stays required
We value diversity of thinking and consider applicants from all degree backgrounds. The ability to work collaboratively and provide innovative solutions to problems is more important than the degree you studied. We embrace diversity and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and experiences. Our application process can be modified to meet your specific needs, so please let us know if you require support.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Accounting, Actuary, Administration, Agriculture, Architecture, Arts...
- Work rights:
New Zealand Citizen, Australian Citizen,...
- Position Start Date
- Program Duration
- Closing Date:23rd May 2021, 11:59 pm