About the role
Mater currently have an exceptional opportunity for a dynamic and passionate Finance Analyst- Strategic Financial Planning to join the team. This will be offered as permanent full time position based at our South Brisbane campus.
The key purpose of this role is to work with our customers and provide innovative experiences that deliver organization-wide value to support the continued financial viability of MML. This is achieved through a value-add function of enabling business improvement through the compilation, analysis and interpretation of financial, performance and operational data.
This role is critical to supporting the overall analysis and reporting capability of the Financial Management Team.
What you’ll be doing
Accountabilities will include:
Support the development and maintenance of the long term financial plan.
- Work closely alongside business partners and other stakeholders, providing in-depth analysis to identify trends, provide insights and identify opportunities.
- Support the development and use of benchmarking information to support business change and performance improvement.
- Develop financial models and associated analysis and interpretation.
- Support the development of Investment Proposals through the provision of financial models and analysis.
- Support business change through the development of work instructions, procedures and policies.
- Provide ad hoc support to the Financial Management Team as required.
- Provide input and support into budgeting and forecasting processes.
- Creation of data sets / analysis solutions for use by Financial Management Team.
- Provide input/guidance into Data and Analytics team re ongoing developments of data sets and associated solutions to support enhanced analysis and reporting capability.
- Support the Financial Management Team in responding to business requests for ad hoc analysis and investigations.
- Prepare and analyze investment opportunities.
You will be a graduate or post graduate of a recognized tertiary institution in commerce or business and have a membership of either the Australian Society of Certified Practicing Accountants or Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand, or similar membership.
- Use of PowerBI, Cognos Reporting, TM1 and Analysis tools or equivalent.
- Extensive experience in management reporting and analytics in a medium size complex business.
- Any statistical / analytics post graduate qualification (desired).
- DAX / SQL programming experience (desired).
Why join us?
In return for your skills, effort and enthusiastic commitment you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health, Education and Research and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients, consumers and community.
Mater provides benefits not offered in other workplaces. In addition to being part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy, you will have opportunities to increase your take-home pay with our salary packaging options.
- Job type:Entry Level Jobs
Accounting, Business and Commerce
- Work rights:
- Closing Date:21st May 2021, 1:59 pm