About the business
McConachie Stedman is a leading accounting, advisory and audit firm with offices in Toowoomba and Brisbane. Our team pride themselves on delivering exceptional client service to both businesses and individuals, and place a high value on our people and culture.
About the role
We are seeking applications from motivated undergraduates (near completion) or graduates of an Australian Commerce / Business / Accounting degree with a passion for the industry. We are willing to consider both part time and full time roles dependent on the status of your study and can place suitable candidates in either our Toowoomba or Brisbane locations.
Working closely with experienced Directors and Senior Managers as well as fellow team members, the successful applicants will assist in the preparation of tax statements, reports and returns for clients, ensuring they receive accurate, timely and compliant advice. Our clients range from sole traders, through to large companies so the successful applicant can expect to gain experience with a vast variety of different clients and businesses.
At McConachie Stedman we place a high value on the training and development of our people at all stages of their career. In addition to our monthly training program, Graduates also have the opportunity to participate in our Speed Training Program. This program consists of weekly ‘introductory’ sessions to relevant topics designed to support your development throughout the initial stages of your employment and give you the knowledge and expertise to reach that next step in your career.
Graduates at McConachie Stedman also have the opportunity to learn all aspects of the business through procurements to other areas within the business such as our audit and assurance, specialised self-managed superannuation fund and financial planning teams.
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor Degree in Commerce or Business with an Accounting major (or near completion),
- Understanding of accounting principles and standards,
- Understanding of Income Tax and GST,
- Knowledge of Microsoft software including Word, Excel and Outlook,
- Familiarity with various accounting software packages including Xero, MYOB, Reckon,
- Willingness to complete general administration tasks including data entry, filing, mail, scanning etc.
- Good time and workflow management skills,
- Demonstrated professionalism, including exercising confidentiality and discretion,
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; and,
- Excellent personal presentation.
Benefits of Working at McConachie Stedman
- A competitive salary based on experience,
- 9.5% super,
- Employee Well Being Program,
- Supporting Directors and a great team environment,
- Flexible working hours (after qualifying period),
- Ongoing training and development opportunities,
- Fresh fruit, milk, tea and coffee supplied for staff to enjoy,
- Reward Gateways Leisure and Lifestyle subscription for grocery, travel and gift card discount.
Please apply by emailing your Resume and Cover Letter to [email protected].
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Accounting, Business and Commerce
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, Australian Citizen
Brisbane, Regional Queensland
- Remote friendly
- Closing Date:5th Apr 2021, 6:00 am