From lakes and estuaries to white sandy beaches and national park wilderness our LGA spans the Great Lakes, Gloucester and Manning regions and offers an attractive lifestyle. We strive to be recognised as a place of unique environmental and cultural significance. Our strong community connection, coupled with our innovative development and growing economy, builds the quality of life we value.
Our Organisation- MidCoast Council
MidCoast Council is a workplace designed for high-performing employees. We value, support and develop those who are committed to delivering positive outcomes for our community. We empower those who bring a “can-do” attitude and who have the courage to make mistakes and learn from them. We strive for continuous improvement in everything we do. Our community is our customer and is at the centre of everything we do.
Right now we are investing heavily in our organisation, and our staff. In early 2021 we will be moving our administration staff into a brand new office in Taree South. We are implementing a single integrated enterprise resource planning solution to enable us to realise efficiencies for our staff and community.
Our graduates represent individuals who are excited about their future and ours. They are focused on knowledge development, career progression and open to promotion and relocation. The Graduate program is designed for Graduates to gain practical skills and experience in their chosen field while developing personal skills and interests. In addition, Graduates are assigned exciting, challenging projects that will stretch their capabilities and allow them to work with talented, knowledgeable functional experts in their chosen field.
A word from one of our current Graduates, on their three-year rotation program, who has been successful in his application for a recently advertised permanent full time position. His passion for his chosen field and desire to “give back” to his community, combined with his excellence to date on the Graduate Program secured him the role.
“Through the Graduate program I extended my skills and professional development enabling me to gain a permanent position as an Investigations Engineer within the Water Services Assets Planning Team at Council.”
This position sits within the WMAT department of the Infrastructure & Engineering Services Division and the key purpose of this role is to provide a recent or near graduate professional exposure to a range of scientific services in the area of Chemistry to meet the needs of Council and our external customers.
If you have..
- Completed a degree level qualification (or near graduate) in Chemical Engineering or a related discipline.
- Genuine motivation to pursue a career in Chemical Engineering.
- Working knowledge of the application of Chemistry principles.
- Working knowledge of the regulatory environment of the local government sector and/or the water industry.
- Strong analytical skills.
- An understanding of and commitment to Work Health and Safety.
- A commitment to team work.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and customer service skills.
- A keen interest in giving back to the community.
This opportunity sits within the Land Use Planning department of the Liveable Communities division and provides a recent or near graduate professional exposure to strategic planning to meet the needs of the Council and our external customers, playing an integral role in the community.
If you have..
• Completed a degree level qualification (or near graduate) in Land Use Planning, Environmental Planning, Urban and Regional Planning or related discipline.
• Genuine motivation to pursue a career in Land Use Planning.
• Working knowledge of land use planning (including the development of strategies, planning proposals, development control plans, planning agreements and development contributions plans).
• Working knowledge of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act and other planning relevant legislation.
• A passion for the land and environment.
• An understanding of and commitment to Work Health and Safety.
• A commitment to team work.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and customer service skills.
• A keen interest in giving back to the community.
Follow the provided link to be transferred to the MidCoast Council careers page to make your application. You will need to click the link relevant to the position you want to apply for.
When you click "Apply for this job" you will be directed to our online application. When responding to each question please include detailed relevant examples of your skills and experience. Click the "NEXT" button at the bottom of the first page of the application form to attach your resume. Please ensure you review the position description before applying.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Environment, Planning and Surveying, Property
Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident
- 4 Breese Parade Forster NSW 2428Locations:
New South Wales,...
- Closing Date:1st Nov 2020, 12:59 pm