Cutting edge edtech - Graduate Data Scientist/Analyst Internship.
You want to join a team where you can make a difference, where your work will have meaning & impact on a global scale, and where you grow personally and professionally. With Mindsets, take your career to a new level!
We’re ranked as one of the emerging venture track companies for 2018 & 2019 by Global Silicon Valley (GSV), an influential US VC firm and 2020’s award finalist for Best Emerging Instructional Technology in the US. We are also certified by the Education Alliance of Finland to an excellent standard for learner engagement and design pedagogy.
Teachers and students are our users, and schools and district leaders are our customers. Our partners include Microsoft, Google and AWS. Our content domains are STEAM, Mathematics, Science and Entrepreneurship.
Based in Richmond, Melbourne and in California USA our team is close knit and highly collaborative.
We are seeking an energetic, passionate Data Scientist/Data Analyst Intern who will support our product, R&D, sales, leadership and marketing teams with insights gained from analyzing company and industry data to support and scale user and customer growth. If you have the ability to work with a wide range of people and teams, you will succeed in this role. The ideal candidate is adept at using data to find opportunities for product and process optimization and have a proven ability to drive business results with their data-based insights.
Demonstrating flexibility and initiative will allow the intern to blossom, enhancing our collaborative team with their own skill-set. Given the nature of the customers we work with, we are seeking a native english speaker who has lived experience in a K12 education setting in the USA , UK, Australia or NZ and/or is a citizen of one of these countries.
- Graduate with a minimum 1 year, preferably 3 years+ practical experience in a data specialization or in a business environment using data.
- You will have a track record or are able to demonstrate a solid understanding of working with innovative products and delivering meaningful results.
- You are data driven and think & work in an agile and lean way . You are able work the team to craft and prioritize data stories.
- You enjoy testing and getting real-world feedback on concepts and be able to prioritise the must haves.
- Your communication skills and teamwork are exceptional.
- You’re an amazing collaborator and excited to work with a diverse team including professional educators, software engineers, researchers, instructional designers, sales and marketing professionals to name a few.
Key Responsibilities & Duties:
- Utilising available data to answer questions and solve problems across all facets of the company.
- Understanding the different perspectives of, and creating effective reports for, internal and external stakeholders.
- Communicating findings clearly and effectively.
- Profile potential customers to identify optimal sales/marketing channels.
- Analyse usage data to optimise user experience and flow in the product .
- Evaluate and improve marketing campaign ROI.
- A/B test & monitor outcomes of business decisions/strategies.
- Writing queries to extract data from our SQL database.
- Take security seriously & adhere to privacy best practises.
- Sourcing, assessing, and cleaning data from 3rd party education data providers.
- Collaborating with our software engineers to design and create a new data product to support educators and administrators.
Work experience and skills:
- Google Suite (Docs / Sheets / Slides)
- Python / R (or equivalent)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
- Data Analysis
Would be nice to have experience with:
- Analytic tools including Mixpanel and Google Analytics
- Data-Driven Marketing Platforms (Facebook Business Manager / Email providers)z
- AWS (RDS / DynamoDB)
- Statistical Models & Machine Learning Algorithms
- Education / E-Learning Industry
- Job type:Internships
Data Science and Analytics, Education, Engineering
- Work rights:
Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident,...
- Level 1, 41-43 Stewart St, Richmond Victoria 3121Locations:
- POSITION START DATE
Mar 2021 (approx)
- Closing Date:1st Apr 2021, 12:59 pm