Graduate Product Development Engineer
Graduate Engineering Program 2022 | Scoresby, Victoria
- Join a dynamic global company
- World-leading polymer microfluidic devices
- Specialised field of technology
- Full time hands-on program at SCHOTT MINIFAB
We are the world-leaders in custom designing and manufacturing microfluidic medical devices. We pride ourselves in being at the forefront, driving the world of medical and diagnostic engineering to new heights, making a real contribution to improve the daily lives of society for today and into the future. If joining us in our mission, to learn from the best of the best, and work with state-of-the-art facilities, sounds like you, apply to join our Graduate Program in January 2022.
About the Graduate Program:
The Graduate Engineering Program will run for a period of 12 months and during this time you will be exposed to key SCHOTT MINIFAB departments and business functions, where you will work to solve real-world problems alongside subject matter experts. During the graduate program you will rotate through key departments, exposing you to all stages of the product development cycle with experience also gained in bioscience and quality. These include:
- New Product Introduction (NPI)
- Automation and Manufacturing
You will be involved in a variety of workshops alongside mentorship to give you the opportunity to contribute to SCHOTT MINIFAB’s mission.
We are looking for great people with a great attitude and willingness to learn. We are also looking for
Essential Skills and Requirements:
- A tertiary qualification in Biomedical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or similar engineering discipline, with strong academic record and interest in medical devices
- An understanding of Design control, Validation and Verification processes, and Quality Management Systems (ISO13485 would be ideal)
- High level of computer skills including MS Word, Excel & PowerPoint, and CAD.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills, with proven ability to collaborate with a range of internal cross functional team members
- A demonstrated competency in problem solving, statistical data analysis and delivering technical solutions within budget
- A thirst for new knowledge and a desire to work across multiple disciplines
- Excellent attention to detail and self-motivation to deliver work to the highest standards
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, team work and ability to take initiative
- An understanding of manufacturing principles and processes.
- An understanding of cost structure of products
What will you be doing in this role?
Key Responsibilities and Deliverables:
The responsibilities of this role are (but not limited to):
- Conduct engineering design under the supervision of an experienced engineer
- Assist in resolving technical issues during all stages of the project
- Collect and analyse data to develop recommendations and improvement actions
- Assist with the delivery of projects to scope, within allocated timeframes and budget
- Develop good relations with your team and other teams across multiple business areas and location
- Report the current status of work on a regular basis
- Demonstrated commitment to organisational goals and customer requirements with a demonstrated capacity to project a positive attitude
- Proactively utilise initiative, innovation, and commitment toward continuous improvement
If you have what it takes and are ready to learn from the best, send through your resume and cover letter, and apply now.
Applications in Word Format will only be considered (No PDF Documents please).
Kindly note that due to the high number of applicants, only short-listed Candidates can be contacted.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- Closing Date:8th Nov 2021, 12:59 pm