The world is being disrupted and market demands are changing. The next generation of our clerks and graduates will transform the future of legal services – we can give you the skills you need to do it well.
At MinterEllison, our people are our brand. Every day, every person in our firm plays a vital role in helping clients to close deals, find solutions, resolve disputes, grasp opportunities and create an impact. We are a friendly and supportive firm that takes pride in our work, our individual and collective achievements, our clients' success, and our strong reputation in the marketplace.
We think beyond the law and apply a commercial approach and creative thinking to some of the region’s most high-profile transactions, projects and disputes. We provide challenging and career-building opportunities and responsibilities early in a clerk and graduate's career. By working across multiple practice areas, our lawyers develop a breadth of skills that will empower them to make an impact with their career.
The MinterEllison Clerkship Program
Our Clerkship Program is critical to our firm for three reasons. First, the market has changed. Companies don't recognise borders the same way they used to, and neither should your career. Second, the future of legal practice is evolving very quickly and we need to be agile to ensure we continue to grow as a firm and that our talented people are able to future-proof their career. Finally, we know that graduates entering the job market today have unique career expectations - and we have listened.
You should consider a career at MinterEllison if:
- Your passion for excellence leads you to winning solutions.
- You are curious, think outside the box and embrace new ideas.
- Building authentic relationships excites you. You see yourself outside the office, working in partnership with clients.
- You want to feel empowered and be part of a high performance team.
- Collaboration and inclusiveness are principles you value.
- You have what it takes to apply technical thinking through the prism of commercial advice.
- The status quo bores you. You want to be part of something different.
- You're looking for a firm with a strong sense of purpose.
What you can expect in our program:
Prior to the clerkship program we will work closely with you to identify areas of the law that you are passionate about. During the program we will ensure you gain experience in practice areas within our Lines of Business that match your interests and that fit with your career goals.
Throughout the clerkship program you will get the opportunity to:
- work closely with partners and lawyers on active and challenging matters to meet deadlines for a variety of top tier and interesting clients;
- build great relationships with mentors, access support from your supervising partner, and plenty of additional insight from your allocated buddy;
- grow personally and professionally within our strong learning culture;
- develop new networks and friendships with a team of people who are passionate about a career at MinterEllison.
Your future. Your choice. Choose to make an impact.
If you're interested in making an impact as a MinterEllison Clerk apply now for our clerkship program by clicking the "Apply" button.
Applications close 11.55 pm, 31 August 2020.
To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work in Australia and in the penultimate or final year of your law degree.
- Job type:Clerkships
Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident,...
- Closing Date:31st Aug 2020, 1:55 pm