MinterEllison is Australia’s largest law firm and provides legal and consulting services.
Purpose is at our core. We create lasting impacts with our clients, our people and our communities. Our teams collaborate and deliver to our Purpose, and consistently work to embed our values into everyday actions. Clients rely on our expertise and insights. They value our responsive, creative and commercial approach. We are curious by nature, diverse in our disciplines and authentic in our relationships.
OUR LEGAL SERVICE OPERATIONS TEAM
Legal Technology Consulting is a part of MinterEllison’s Legal Service Operations team, which is focussed on utilising people expertise, refined business processes and innovative digital platforms and automation to facilitate the delivery of all our client-facing legal services across the business. This team works closely with our legal professionals and external service providers to ensure that we adopt practices that have a positive impact on our Firm’s profitability and also deliver a consistently high-quality experience to our clients. The Legal Service Operations team combines a diverse range of skill sets and platforms requiring a seamless leadership structure to develop a suite of truly integrated solutions.
An exciting opportunity has been created for an ambitious graduate ready to carve a career in the legal technology world, working collaboratively within a supportive and high performing team. This 12 month opportunity as an Analyst has been created for a technically savvy graduate to be mentored and developed with the intention to progress into a permanent Coordinator position. The team is genuinely invested in training and developing an enthusiastic Analyst so that they can progress to a permanent Coordinator within the team.
The Legal Technology Consulting team is responsible for providing expert technical and project management consulting support for legal matters, specialising in the areas of electronic litigation, web based data rooms and information management. As an Analyst within the team, you will be utilising market leading technology to support the Legal Technology Coordinators, Advisers, Consultants and Leads.
This role is an integral member of the Legal Technology team and broader legal departments within the firm, enabling exposure across a diverse range of portfolios and matters.
- Data management, document management and quality control
- Managing the collection and cataloguing process into the matter management system
- Manage archiving procedures of electronically stored information
- Support senior team members at matter meetings with legal teams and clients
- Contribute to the development of strategic initiatives for the continuous improvements of the Legal Technology service offering
- Provide first level support for technical queries on databases and platforms
WHAT YOU NEED
- High attention to detail
- Effective time management and organisational skills
- Strong Communication and stakeholder management skills
- Hungry to learn and develop and apply constructive feedback
- Solution oriented mindset
- Exceptional IT skills, particularly with the Microsoft suite of products.
- Formal qualifications in any of the following subject areas:
- Information Technology or computer science;
- Cyber security or digital forensics;
- Law or Legal Studies
- Skills in software development, coding, scripting or similar
We make diversity in all its forms central to collaboration. This is why we offer hybrid working options to encourage balance, wellbeing and support for sustainable ways of working. We offer up to 20 weeks paid parental leave for the primary carer within the first 24 months following birth or adoption, and a range of social, financial and health benefits, including free gym membership – all with no minimum tenure.
We welcome applications from people of all ages, cultural backgrounds, genders (including if you identify as transgender or gender diverse), sexual orientations, as well as people living with a disability or who have family or carer responsibilities. We particularly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply for roles with MinterEllison.
How to Apply:
We love to connect with people directly, so please submit your CV and cover letter for consideration by clicking on the 'Apply' button below.
If you would like further information, to tell us about any adjustments you might require through the recruitment process or if you are trans or gender diverse and want a confidential discussion, please contact [email protected]
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Information Technology, Law
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, Australian Citizen
Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne,...
- POSITION START DATE
Apr 2022 (approx)
- Closing Date:10th Apr 2022, 1:55 pm