Our PRIME (Pride, Respect and Inclusion at MinterEllison) Committee works with our Diversity & Inclusion team to celebrate and promote LGBTQ inclusion at MinterEllison, and ensure this is embedded in the way we work with our people, clients and community.
AWEI Gold Employer for LGBTQ+ Inclusion
In May 2019, we were proud to be named an AWEI Gold Employer and recognised as Top 3 Employer in Australia at the LGBTI Inclusion Awards.
In FY19, we:
- Partnered with Pride in Diversity to deliver face-to-face LGBTQ+ Awareness & Engaging Allies development sessions (available to all of our people)
- Launched our new Transitioning in the Workplace Policy, which supports our gender diverse and transgender colleagues who are affirming their gender identity. The policy provides 5 additional days of paid leave, as well as other vital support and resources
- Celebrated LGBTQ+ dates of significance with national events across the firm including IDAHOBIT Day, Mardi Gras and Wear it Purple Day
- Provided pro bono legal advice to our long-standing client Sydney Gay & Lesbian Mardi Gras
- Raised funds for LGBTQ+ charities including The Pinnacle Foundation and Minus18