Mizuho Securities Co., Ltd ("MHSC") is the core securities arm of the Mizuho Financial Group ("MHFG"). MHFG, a Global Fortune 500 firm and one of the largest financial institutions in the world and has 60,000 employees working in more than 910 locations across the globe. Mizuho Securities Asia Limited ("MHSA") is the regional operations of MHSC headquartered in Hong Kong, with regional representative offices across the region including Sydney.
MHSA provides a wealth of financial products and services covering regional brokerage, sales, trading, research, corporate finance, ECM, DCM and M&A advisory. Our clients are diverse, ranging from financial institutions and hedge funds to governments and multinational professional investors.
MHSA Graduate Analyst Program 2022
Our Graduate Analyst Program is a 3-year full-time program. As a Graduate Analyst, you will work in a fast-growing financial institution in the Investment Banking area.
During the program, you will receive excellent learning and advancement opportunities through dedicated support from managers and on-the-job training. You will be immersed in our training program, which includes a range of technical skills and business knowledge trainings. MHSA believes that personal development is equally crucial. Thus, you will be paired with a business leader who will provide on-going guidance and support throughout the program. The program will develop your financial skills, knowledge and capabilities, and as such, we will become partners in your future success in this industry.
Debt Capital Markets, Sydney
Graduate Analyst Program 2022, Debt Capital Markets, Sydney (Application Deadline: November 3, 2021, Wednesday)
Mizuho Securities’ DCM team based in Sydney is responsible for the origination, marketing and execution of Debt Capital Markets transactions, across a multitude of currencies, for Corporate and FIG issuers in Australia and New Zealand.
Leveraging off Relationship Managers’ knowledge of the issuing clients’ needs and Debt Syndicate’s insights on credit market dynamics, the DCM team is responsible for identifying cross-selling debt funding opportunities for its client base and advising them on the optimal approach to the markets, whilst promoting Mizuho’s Global DCM capabilities.
The DCM team is also responsible for accompanying its issuing clients across all steps of their DCM activities, from the preparation, marketing, execution and to the closing of their transaction
- Assist the team with daily responsibilities, including preparing analysis and pitches for client meetings
- Support the DCM team in deal origination and client coverage: prepare materials and target clients’ background information, collect and analyse market data and information to write periodic market updates, produce pricing updates and ad hoc analysis for issuers
- Assist the team during the execution of live transactions: roadshow logistics, review of presentation materials and legal documentation, deal promotion
- Statistical database updates, internal reporting and related analysis
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with all relevant internal stakeholders (e.g. Coverage Bankers, Syndicate, Legal and Compliance)
- Support the team in business development initiatives by cultivating new clients and providing market updates to Coverage Bankers
- Keep abreast of global markets developments to identify trends and develop insights, as well as new regulations impacting Debt Capital Markets’ dynamics
- Assist the team in maintaining a strong level of compliance, due diligence and adherence to relevant internal controls and procedures
- Understanding and passion for working in Debt Capital Markets/ Credit Markets
- Positive attitude and an eagerness to learn. Strong entrepreneurial and team spirit, willing to work independently with minimal supervision
- Attention to detail and ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines, exhibit a high degree of flexibility and willingness to take on new challenges. Flexible to work beyond normal hours
- Strong analytical, business writing and communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Graduated with an Undergraduate or Postgraduate degree or equivalent from University, in a relevant discipline within the last 24 months
- Australian or New Zealand Citizen, or hold the relevant working visa at the time of applying
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Accounting, Actuary, Administration, Banking and Finance,...
- Work rights:
New Zealand Citizen, Australian Citizen
- Closing Date:3rd Nov 2021, 12:59 pm