Fixed Term Part Time
Applications are now open to candidates to apply for the 2021 mid-year Mental Health Graduate Nurse Program at Monash Health.
The graduate nurse program offers:
- A two year structured program to consolidate your skills;
- Offering four six-month rotations with an extensive range of clinical areas;
- Outstanding training and development provided;
- Contract role, part-time hours (0.84 EFT; 64hours per fortnight).
Monash Health is uniquely positioned to integrate primary, secondary and tertiary health services, supported by world-renowned research and teaching facilities under the one umbrella. We provide access to public health care services available to over 1.3 million people, representing 32% of the population of greater Melbourne. Monash Health is committed to delivering high quality patient centred care to fulfil our vision of “Exceptional Care, Outstanding Outcomes”.
Acknowledging the vital role they play in providing healthcare to our community, Monash Health proudly supports the WHO 2021 International Year of Health and Care Workers.
About the Role
As a Grade 2 Registered Nurse, you will participate in a structured two year program designed to consolidate, expand your experience as a beginning practitioner and grow your career. Key elements of the Program include:
- Rotations across a range of sites including Clayton, Dandenong, Casey, Kingston, Moorabbin and Doveton to expose you to a variety of clinical and operational settings;
- Enrolment in the Masters of Nursing (Monash University) in your second year (Post Graduate year)
- Paid study days to support your educational development;
- Access to Mental Health Nursing Professional Supervision;
- Free employee assistance program;
- Salary Packaging;
- Onsite parking, gym and fitness centre;
- Access to a wide range of education and training opportunities across Monash Health.
This Program commences with an intensive Mental Health Program orientation on Monday 18th January, with a two day inter-professional orientation program date still to be confirmed.
Why Choose Us
Graduate Nurses who have participated in our recent programs tell us that we provide a variety of clinical experiences, working alongside an innovative, collaborative team to help support you for success. Our status as Victoria’s largest public healthcare provider positions us uniquely to offer you the ability to access a wide range of opportunities and experiences as your skills and career progress.
How to Apply
- Submit your application via the careers page on the Monash Health website: https://monashhealth.mercury.com.au/ (use APPLY NOW at the bottom of this advertisement)
The following documents need to be uploaded:
- A cover letter
- Please articulate what has contributed to your decision to apply for the Mental Health Program Graduate Program and become a Mental Health Nurse
- Monash Health Graduate Program Curriculum Vitae (CV) template
- Please find a copy of the Monash Health Graduate Program CV template in the Position Description's section of the job advertisement
- You will need to save, complete and upload a copy of this template under the 'Resume' field when you submit your application documents
- Your CV should only be submitted on the Monash Health Graduate Program CV template provided. Please do not provide any additional individualised CV documents
- In the clinical referee section of the CV template please provide details of two primary and two secondary clinical references (one from a Mental Health placement) who can describe your nursing practice. The referee should be someone who has worked directly with you during a clinical placement, (i.e.) Clinical Nurse Educator, preceptor. Please ensure that you have a current email address for each referee
- Academic transcript
- Transcripts must be certified and your most recent one
- Please upload your transcript under the 'Education Certificate' field when you submit your application documents
- This must be an official transcript and must include a grading scale
- A current Employee Victorian WWCC is required for all graduates. If you are successful in obtaining an interview you will be required to bring evidence of your WWCC
How to Apply
To view the Position Description or submit your application please click the 'Apply Now' button below.
Monash Health recognises the value of equal employment opportunity and is committed to patient safety and promoting fairness, equity and diversity in the workplace. At Monash Health we are relentless in our pursuit of excellence and work to our six guiding principles.
Preferred candidates will require a clear Police Check, current Employee Working with Children’s Check, visa status and AHPRA registration checks prior to any offers of employment being made.
Please note, applications will be accepted via the Monash Health online Mercury System only. Email applications will not be considered.
Enquiries: Shelley Black
Ph: 0405 494 159
To view the position description or submit your application please click the “Apply Now” button.
- Job type:Entry Level Jobs
Health, Nursing and Midwifery
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- Closing Date:7th Jun 2021, 1:59 pm