Fixed Term Part Time
Monash Health is excited to announce a temporary Grade 3 Psychology position to work within the Allied Health Education Team in WISER and Psychology teams across Monash Health.
Support Psychology team develop Graduate and Registrar Psychologists
- Build capacity and capability in clinicians to use evidence and best practice to support the delivery of high quality clinical services.
- Work collaboratively within the Allied Health Workforce, Innovation, Strategy, Education and Research (WISER) unit to support the strategic development of the Psychology
Acknowledging the vital role they play in providing healthcare to our community, Monash Health proudly supports the WHO 2021 International Year of Health and Care Workers.
About Monash Health
Monash Health provides a world of healthcare across south eastern Melbourne, uniquely integrating primary, secondary and tertiary health services as well as world-renowned research and teaching facilities. We employee more than 18,000 staff who work across 40 care locations. In Monash Health your own growth and development is important and with us you can really be your best. For more information please visit www.monashhealth.org.
About The Role
We have a team of smart and dedicated psychologists who are passionate about providing this care and we are looking for a Senior psychologist to join our team. The Allied Health WISER unit at Monash Health drives an effective and sustainable health workforce through innovation, strategy, education and research.
Monash Health employs graduate psychologists across a wide range of programs each year. The Psychology Graduate and Registrar Program Coordinator assists psychologists transitioning from university to qualified psychology professional practice. The coordinator provides group supervision for psychology graduates and registrars as per AHPRA requirements, and promotes connections with other psychology graduates and registrars within Monash Health. The role includes ongoing evaluation of the program.
This is a part time (0.4 EFT) temporary role for a Grade 3 Psychologist until 19/2/2022
What you will be doing:
We established Australia's first Psychology Registrar and Graduate Education Program to support our early career psychologists and to support senior psychologists to maintain PsyBA supervisor status. You will be delivering an evidence based program to support early career psychologists and providing supervision.
How you will be supported in your role:
- This is a psychology-specific role and presents a fantastic opportunity to use and develop your education and supervision skills within a very supportive team
- Psychology and Specialist Services at Monash Health offers regular professional supervision, peer support, and the opportunity for career development to all of our 180 psychologists.
- Additional benefits include five weeks annual leave (pro rata), paid professional development leave and a work environment that is extremely supportive of your ongoing development as a psychologist
- In addition, you will have access to benefits including salary packaging to increase your take-home pay, access to onsite subsidised staff car parking and gym, and the Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
To perform this role successfully, the following capabilities are required:
- Hold AHPRA endorsement in clinical, neuropsychology, or forensic psychology
- Hold supervisor endorsement with the Psychology Board of Australia (AHPRA) for Registrar Supervision (primary and secondary) and Higher Degree supervision
- Working knowledge of the Guidelines on area of practice endorsements for psychologists
- Knowledge and experience in delivering education programs and supervision
- Ability to effectively communicate with individuals, teams and diverse stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability, knowledge and experience to lead the professional development of others at graduate and postgraduate levels
- Demonstrated commitment to continued professional development and education.
- Ability to work autonomously and in a team
- Advanced skills in organisation, time management, planning and priority setting
- Australian working rights
In addition, you will have access to benefits including salary packaging to increase your take-home pay, access to onsite subsidised staff car parking and gym, uniform and the Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
Monash Health recognises the value of equal employment opportunity and is committed to patient safety and promoting fairness, equity and diversity in the workplace. At Monash Health we are relentless in our pursuit of excellence and work to our six guiding principles.
How to Apply
Applications will only be accepted via the Monash Health online Mercury System only. Email applications will not be considered.
Existing Monash Health Employees should apply using your Monash Health employee account. For any queries in regards to internal applicants please contact Recruitment Services on 92652776.
Offers of employment can only be made once all required probity checks have been completed. These include:
- reference checks;
- a clear Police Check conducted within the last three months;
- a current Victorian Employee Working with Children’s Check (or proof of payment for same);and
proof of immunisation.
As part of our selection process, you may be invited by email to participate in an on-camera video interview.
Enquiries: Emily Johnson
Ph: 0435 658 410
To view the position description or submit your application please click the “Apply for this job” button.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Health, Psychology and Counselling
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
Melbourne, Regional Victoria
- Closing Date:15th Aug 2021, 1:59 pm