- Boost your career through diverse project exposure
- Contribute to driving optimization solutions across cross functional teams
- Opportunity available for a full time 12 month contract role
Are You Ready to Make It Happen at Mondelēz International?
Join our Mission to Lead the Future of Snacking. Make It With Pride.
You work as part of a cross-functional team to lead and deliver the activities required to complete Process Design and Process Deployment for Innovation, Growth and Productivity projects across multiple geographies with an emphasis on delivering the desired consumer experience.
How you will contribute
With the support of a manager and technical coaches, you will design and implement projects in line with RDQ, marketing and manufacturing requirements and effectively communicate project statuses and risks. As part of that planning process, you will conduct activities to generate the appropriate process information, using modelling, simulations, and pilot plant and plant trials in accordance with good manufacturing practices and HACCP requirements. You will also plan and conduct process development activities including process design and specifications, process scale-up and commissioning, technical risk assessments and create and maintain accurate consumer centric process specifications. In this role, you will assist in planning the effective use of resources, including the use of external agencies, and manage stakeholders, making recommendations and influencing decisions based on analysis and interpretation of data. You will also create intellectual property to drive competitive advantage.
What you will bring
A desire to drive your future and accelerate your career and the following experience and knowledge:
- Relevant engineering experience, ideally within a fast-moving consumer goods environment
- Working in teams and independently with appropriate guidance
- Prioritizing and managing activities
- Identifying problems proactively and creating and implementing solutions
- Applying fundamental technical understanding to interpret and analyze data and to reach clear conclusions
- Communicating technical information effectively verbally and in writing
- Constantly championing for the consumer
- Technical curiosity, continuous learner and a drive to ensure technical rigor
More about this role
What you need to know about this position:
The Process Optimization Engineer (POE) is to identify inefficient manufacturing processes and eliminate and decrease cost. The POE will work closely with the Manufacturing Manager, Business Development Team and Engineering Team for New Product Development (NPD) and site projects. The POE will undertake value stream mapping of equipment to ensure optimum efficiencies across site. The POE also ensures processes comply with safety and quality requirements.
Some key accountabilities include:
- Supporting process design and establish control parameters for new products and recipes
- Analyzing production procedure across site and streamline processes
- Identifying machinery and technology gaps and research solutions
- Working with Manufacturing, BD and Engineering on NPD, new equipment installations and value stream mapping
- Driving behavioural change in respective Manufacturing Areas including support functions, through coaching and influencing employees
This is a full time contract role available for 12 months.
What extra ingredients you will bring:
- A hands on and inquisitive mindset, with a broad understanding of engineering concepts
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong organization and time management skills
- A keen eye for detail
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to tailor technical inputs to communicate effectively with teams across different levels of the organization
- An ability to influence teams and drive change
Education / Certifications:
- A relevant Engineering degree will be considered an advantage
Job specific requirements:
- An experience or background in Engineering or Lean Manufacturing is desirable
- Experience working with industrial or manufacturing machinery is preferred
- Work experience with a strong track record of process engineering is an advantage
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and/or project management systems is a must
We are open to candidates who have just recently completed their university degree.
- Full time role working 38 hours per week, Mondays to Fridays
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Engineering, Fast Moving Consumer Goods
- Work rights:
Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident,...
Hobart, Regional Tasmania
- Closing Date:5th Mar 2021, 6:00 am