- Start your career with a Global Iconic Brand/Industry leader
- Work with passionate leadership, who are ready to set you up for success
- Opportunities for professional development!
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
As a Graduate Engineer, you will be provided with a wide range of engineering services in the delivery of communications projects for key public safety organiSations and mining companies across Australia. You will have the opportunity to assist in the formulation, delivery and implementation of solutions to achieve Total Customer Satisfaction. In your new role, you will have the opportunity to participate and complete all training and development components of the Graduate Program, which will enhance and prepare you for your future career.
As a new member of the Services team of Motorola Solutions business, your role will expose to national projects covering the Australia and New Zealand region. We believe in delivering customer focused world-class, leading edge, end-to-end solutions fit for purpose within each customer’s unique environment. This includes various voice (including radio) communications, data and video technologies with our clients predominantly in the public safety government sector and the energy & natural resources industry. If you believe you have the passion and purpose to work for you brand that helps people be their best in the moments that matter, then please apply ASAP.
Your role will include but not be limited to the following:
- Install and commission Voice IP-based Switching equipment, as per system design
- Configure and commission radio sites; Produce installation & configuration documentation
- Produce factory & field acceptance test procedure documentation
- Produce and maintain As-Built documentation
- Ensure installation and configuration is in accordance with documentation and contracted Quality Installation Standards
- Manage and conduct factory & field acceptance tests
- Ensure all equipment meets or exceeds all regulatory requirements
- Issue and resolve non-conformance reports
- Co-ordinate repair and replacement until customer acceptance and/or completion of punch list
- Assist in resolving technical issues during all stages of the project
- Provide direction to Field Engineers on configuration and implementation tasks
- Provide installation guidelines to sub-contractors
- Maintain IT Systems related to Two-Way Digital Networks
- Report the current status of work on a regular basis
- Support the Project Team in understanding technical requirements
Education and Qualifications
Essential: Degree in Communications Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering or related
Experience and Skills
- Good understanding of Communication Systems and IP Networks
- Possess good project management skills and is able to work independently on assigned projects
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, including MS Vision
WHO WE ARE
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it's helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Motorola produce communications services to public safety and government agencies as well as private entities including utilities, mining, energy, manufacturing, hospitality, retail, transportation and logistics. And we have a prestigious Employer of Choice citation from the Workplace Gender Equality Authority (WGEA). The WGEA Employer of Choice for Gender Equality (EOCGE) citation is awarded to businesses that proactively encourage, recognise and promote gender equality in Australian workplaces.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Engineering, Engineering Electrical, Information Systems, Information...
Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident
- Closing Date:3rd Dec 2019, 12:59 pm