NEC has a century-long history of innovation and for over 50 years in Australia, NEC has built a sophisticated technology and anything-as-a-service company which brings together the best technology and the smartest people driving customer service excellence. With a major focus on Public Safety, we deliver a complete portfolio of ICT solutions and services to large enterprise, small business and government customers. We are shaping the most efficient businesses and creating a safer society by solving tomorrow’s technology challenges.
Critical Infrastructure Solutions (CIS) primarily supplies, designs, installs and supports microwave (6-80GHz) backhaul data radio systems and associated NMS software applications. CIS has other technologies in its repertoire, including data networking analytics, 5G products, TDM and TV broadcast transmitters.
We now have an exciting opportunity for an Associate Systems Engineer to join our team.
The Systems Engineer Associate is an entry-level role and will work with RF specialists and Communications Engineers using RF and equipment specific knowledge to design, install and maintain RF microwave links. Assistance will also be required for the delivery of customer and internal projects. Role will suit a recent graduate.
- Assist with RF link design calculations, initial design and issue investigation
- Assist with RF component selection/identification, initial design and issue investigation
- Occasional site work for installations and fault finding
- Interface with OEM support agencies as necessary
- Willing to work on-site outside normal business hours when required
- Become familiar with the CIS radio equipment product lines, especially configuration aspects
- Provide customer support for the CIS radio equipment products
- Perform tasks to support projects being undertaken by CIS; inc. documentation, conduct of factory acceptance testing
- Carry out PCB fault-finding and repairs
- Become proficient with test equipment, including spectrum analysers and data network testers
- Have a working knowledge of IT data networking concepts
- Assist and participate in pre-sales activities for the CIS product catalogue
Key skills and experience:
- Training and interest in the design of Radio Frequency links including calculation of link budgets
- Understanding of electronics theory and current manufacturing processes
- High reliability hand soldering
- Knowledge of standard RF components used in microwave radio installations, e.g. waveguides, couplers
- Experience in Technical and project documentation creation and review, using MS Word and MS Excel
- Ability to set up RF test equipment, especially spectrum analyser
- Familiar with industry standard RF tools, e.g. Pathloss
- Good knowledge of relevant technologies
- Good communication and interpersonal skills and ability to understand technical issues and clearly articulate solutions to clients
- Ability to comprehend system and communications architectures
- Ability to analyse problems and identify solutions
- Degree in Telecommunications (or similar), with completed modules pertaining to RF and electronic circuit design
At NEC, we offer an outstanding working environment, fantastic corporate culture and an excellent track record of internal promotions along with continuous learning and development opportunities. We place great emphasis on our staff satisfaction and you will enjoy a wide range of benefits such as flexible work options, paid parental leave, NEC Partner Product Discounts, access to great discounts at many retail providers, health and wellbeing program and much more.
Please apply now.
NEC is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and candidates from culturally diverse backgrounds.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Computer Science, Cyber Security, Data Science...
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- Closing Date:18th Jul 2021, 1:59 pm