Location: Wahgunyah (North East Victoria – close to regional hubs of Albury/Wodonga and Wangaratta)
Duration: Full time, permanent
1+ years’ experience
Joining Nestlé means you are joining the largest Food and Beverage Company in the world. At our very core, we are a human environment – passionate people driven by the purpose of enhancing the quality of life and contributing to a healthier future.
An opportunity currently exists for a Food Technologist to join the Applications team based in our Wahgunyah Factory, the home of Uncle Toby’s Snacks and Cereals. This role is part of the snacks business working on the iconic Uncle Toby’s Muesli Bars, Roll Ups and Le Snak. The Food Technologist will act as a key point of contact between marketing team and the factory to develop and progress new products and cost optimisation projects to commercialisation stage in accordance with the strategic marketing plan. Also ensuring that Nestlé standards and procedures are maintained in respect to quality, safety, competitiveness, and profitability.
A day in the life…
Reporting to the Product Applications Group Manager, key responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Key liaison between marketing and factory departments
- Create and develop new products in line with Marketing briefs by working with suppliers, leading factory teams to organise trials, commissioning, and evaluation of results.
- Create tasty and nutritious snacking products to delight our consumers
- Creation and maintenance of all specifications and Bills of Materials (Raw, Semi Finished and Finished) and compliance documents in SAP and other document control systems such as artwork.
- Support “Zero injury, defect and waste” mind-set and promote behaviours that have a positive impact on Safety, Health, Environment and Quality.
- Ensure all products (local and imported) comply with relevant Food & Trade Practices legislation in conjunction with Applications Group Manager.
- Identify, Participate, & lead, raw material & recipe optimisation projects.
- Support Nestle nutrition and compliance targets.
What will make you successful:
- Joining a collaborative team of specialists, you will be a strong team player with a drive to deliver quality outcomes with efficiency and with a passion for continuous process improvement.
- Enjoy working within cross-functional teams in a dynamic work environment.
- Tertiary Qualified in Food Science / Technology / BSc Material Science.
- 1+ years’ experience in Food Manufacturing Industry in Product Development.
- Previous experience and familiarity working with SAP preferred.
- Occasional travel to our Co-Manufacturing facilities in Victoria and New Zealand.
- A working understanding of Australian Food Regulations is beneficial.
- Applicants must be eligible to work in Australia and have Permanent Residency.
COVID-19 VACCINATION COVID-19 vaccination may be required to perform this role, based on the Public Health Orders applicable in some States and Territories and/or conditions of premises entry set by our customers. You will be required to provide evidence of your vaccination or medical exemption as part of our recruitment process.
Nestlé enjoys a reputation as one of the world’s largest FMCG companies and a leader in nutrition, health and wellness. Our inclusive and high-performance culture is a testament to the great training, development, rewards and recognition we extend to every member of our 5000-strong Oceania workforce.
You can realise your full potential at Nestlé, working among the leading teams in nutrition, health and wellness. As part of a global network, you can use your skills to influence others and make a positive impact where you own a piece of the action.
At Nestlé, you will work in a supportive environment where your ideas and points of view will be championed by a collaborative team. Together, we will drive the strength of our brands, the quality of our products, and the future of our business.
At Nestlé, you can make a difference to millions of lives, every single day. As a large, global company that’s driven by purpose, you and your team can add your piece of legacy of creating a better, healthier future.
In return you will have the chance to work with an outstanding team, and build and grow your career with an inclusive, global FMCG leader.
Nestlé Oceania supports a culture of diversity and inclusion in all that we do. Take a look at Careers at Nestlé Australia | Nestlé Australia (nestle.com.au) to see some of the ways we live and practice this every day in our workplace.
For more information please visit our website Nestlé Australia Home | Nestlé Australia (nestle.com.au) or Our LinkedIn page http://www.linkedin.com/company/nestle-s-a-
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Environment, Food Technology, Medical and Biomedical...
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- POSITION START DATE
Apr 2022 (approx)
- Closing Date:22nd May 2022, 12:59 pm