Discover what’s possible
2020 Australian Vacation Programme
- 25+ vacancies across our major Australian operations
- Join Australia’s largest gold miner and gain hands-on experience
- Develop a multi-faceted mining skillset and advance your technical capability
Our commitment to you
Our People are at the heart of everything that we do. We’re committed to creating inclusive workplaces that nurture diversity and support our people to thrive. Keeping our people safe and healthy is core to who we are and our commitment to safety, health and wellbeing has no compromise, supported by systems and standards that embed our safety culture.
Supporting you along your Vacation Programme, underpinned by a competitive daily rate and relocation offering, will be a community of like-minded leaders who value early career development, and provide personal and professional support across your journey. With exposure to leadership teams and technical experts, you will uncover a wealth of knowledge and life skills.
It’s an exciting time to be a part of Newcrest.
At Newcrest, it's our vision to be the Miner of Choice.
Our 12-week Australian vacation programme offers a diverse and unique learning journey, with the ability to further enhance your passion for mining across our Australian operations in Cadia (New South Wales), Telfer (Western Australia) and Melbourne (Victoria). A career in the resources industry offers a commitment to sustainable work practices, and the chance work with cutting edge digital innovation and technology.
As a vacation student, you will commence the programme on the 7th of December 2020 until the 26th of February 2021 and gain experience at our Australian operations, with full relocation support to the either of the following sites :
• Cadia Mine (Residential Monday to Friday role) – Temporarily relocate to Orange (or up to an hour drive nearby) with the option to reside with other vacation students. Located three hours’ drive from Sydney, NSW, our Cadia operations are a short 25-minute drive outside of the regional centre of Orange. Offering a unique residential mining lifestyle, Cadia is exposed to first class mining techniques and methods including the development of Australia’s largest block cave and the undercutless mining technique.
• Telfer Mine (Fly in fly out - Shift Work Role) – Located in the Great Sandy Desert in the East Pilbara Region of WA, Telfer is a short two-hour flight form Perth. Working on a fly-in-fly-out (FIFO) operation, comprising of open pit and underground, you’ll be working an 8 days on, 6 days off lifestyle. Our Telfer site offers a diverse range of recreational activities including a gym, swimming pool, driving range, movie room and a refurbished communal eatery.
Note: Subject to government and border restrictions, due to COVID-19, some disciplines may be required to work from alternative locations across our Australian operations.
Who we are looking for?
Newcrest vacation students are resourceful, resilient, flexible and share our values and commitment to safety.
We are seeking applications from penultimate students (degree completion in either 2021 or 2022) with a tertiary qualification that enables them to work in one of the following disciplines:
- Operational Mining Automation & Robotics
- IT & Digital Platforms (Data Science)
- Electrical Engineering
- Mining Engineering (Underground & Open Pit)
- Exploration Geology
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mine Geology
- Process Control Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
To learn more, follow #newcrestcareers on our LinkedIn and Twitter, or visit our FAQ information at https://www.newcrest.com/careers/graduate-and-vacation-programmes
If you are interested, please click apply to attach you resume with the application form.
Applications close on 31st July 2020 @ 5pm
We will respond to your application/s following that date and if you are successful;
- Applicants will receive an invitation to complete a short video interview
- Following the video interview, all successful applicants will be invited to participate in a phone interview
- This will be followed by a formal employment offer for the 12-week programme (subject to pre-employment checks).
Please note we can only consider applicants who have unrestricted working rights in Australia.
For any queries regarding our 2020 Australian Vacation Programme, please contact us on [email protected] (Please note, no applications will be accepted through this email).
- Job type:Internships
Data Science and Analytics, Engineering, Engineering...
Australian Permanent Resident, Australian Citizen,...
Orange, Melbourne, Perth
- Closing Date:13th Jul 2020, 4:29 am