- Kick start your mining career, commencing in January 2021
- Exciting four-year opportunity with Australia’s largest gold miner
- Residential opportunity based in Orange, NSW
It’s an exciting time to be a part of Newcrest’s journey as one of Australia’s leading gold mining companies. Alongside our current successful mine production activities, we’re building our panel caving expansion works for phase three to extend our vision of a 50-year mine life for Cadia.
Supporting you along your Apprenticeship, will be a community of like-minded leaders and friendly team members who value early career development, and provide personal and professional guidance across your journey. With exposure to technical experts, you will gain valuable knowledge and life skills.
Operations near and far
At Cadia, we offer a unique opportunity for employees and their families to enjoy a mining career, all whilst living in a major regional center only three hours’ drive from Sydney, NSW.
Cadia is also a smoke-free site since January 1st, 2020.
What we offer
- 4-year Apprenticeship Qualification
- Comprehensive training plan
- Excellent opportunities to develop your skills whilst on the job
- Experience in both surface and underground mining operations
- A great start to your career in mining in a global company
At Newcrest we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels safe, valued and supported to bring their whole unique self to work. Diversity and inclusion are essential parts of Newcrest’s vision, values and company culture.
As an Apprentice you will undertake a 4-year training program on a fixed-term contract, to further develop your trade skillset across one of the below areas, whilst adhering to the highest of safety standards:
- Fitter Machinist
- Diesel/Heavy Plant Mechanic
- Light Vehicle Mechanic
We are seeking individuals with the following:
- Be 18 years of age by January 19th, 2021 (candidates aged 21+ welcome)
- Must be located in NSW (If you are not residing in Orange, you will be required to relocate to Orange, NSW. Please note there will be no relocation assistance available)
- A strong commitment to workplace health and safety
- Enthusiasm, motivation and a positive attitude
- Commitment undertake four years of study and training
- The ability to work well in a team environment with excellent communication skills
- Preferred successful completion of Year 12 (or TAFE equivalent)
If you’re interested to apply, please upload the following with your application form via the apply link:
- Cover Letter
Recruitment Process Next Steps:
For those successful with your application, you will be required to:
- Record a short mandatory video interview online (You will be sent the link).
- Attend an Online Apprentice Information Session being held on 3rd November 2020 (You will be sent the details via email and hold the responsibility to ensure they are able to access a Computer/Laptop, internet access with the ability to use audio and video during this session).
- If successful, you will then be required to attend an Assessment Centre at the Orange Ex-Services Club on the 10th or 11th November 2020 (You will be sent the invitation prior to the assessment centre).
APPLICATIONS CLOSE at 5pm, on the 30th September 2020!
Please note pre-employment police, reference and medical checks will be conducted for all successful applicants.
If you have any questions please email our Early Careers inbox on [email protected] (For queries only, no applications will be accepted via this inbox).
- Job type:Cadetships
Engineering, Engineering Electrical, Engineering Mechanical, Engineering...
New Zealand Citizen, Australian Permanent...
Regional New South...
- Closing Date:30th Sep 2020, 7:00 am