Our commitment to you
Our People are at the heart of everything that we do. We’re committed to creating inclusive workplaces that nurture diversity and support our people to thrive. Keeping our people safe and healthy is core to who we are and our commitment to safety, health and wellbeing has no compromise, supported by systems and standards that embed our safety culture.
Supporting you along your Graduate Program, underpinned by a competitive salary package and relocation offering, will be a community of like-minded leaders who value early career development, and provide personal and professional support across your journey. With exposure to leadership teams and technical experts, you will uncover a wealth of knowledge and life skills.
It’s an exciting time to be a part of Newcrest.
At Newcrest, it's our vision to be the Miner of Choice.
Our two-year Australian graduate program offers a diverse and unique learning journey, with the ability to further enhance your passion for mining across our Australian operations, Cadia, New South Wales and Telfer, Western Australia. A career in the resources industry offers a commitment to sustainable work practices, and the chance work with cutting edge digital innovation and technology.
As a graduate, you will commence the program in January 2022 and be required to rotate in 12 months and gain experience across both of our Australian operations:
- Cadia (Residential Monday to Friday Rotation) – Located three hours’ drive from Sydney, NSW, our Cadia operations are a short 25-minute drive outside of the regional centre of Orange. Offering a unique residential mining lifestyle, Cadia is exposed to first class mining techniques and methods including the development of Australia’s largest block cave and the undercutless mining technique.
- Telfer (FIFO Shift Work Rotation) – Located in the Great Sandy Desert in the East Pilbara Region of WA, Telfer is a short two-hour flight form Perth. Working as a fly-in-fly-out (FIFO) operation, comprising of open pit and underground, you’ll be working an 8 days on, 6 days off lifestyle. While at site Telfer offers a diverse range of recreational activities including a gym, swimming pool, driving range, movie room and refurbished communal eatery. Note: Some disciplines may require a rotation to our Corporate Head Office in Melbourne, Victoria or other regional areas within Australia.
Who we are looking for?
Newcrest graduates are resourceful, resilient, flexible and share our values and commitment to safety.
We are seeking applications from recent, or soon-to-be graduates (course completion in either 2019, 2020 or 2021) with a tertiary qualification that enables them to work in one of the following disciplines:
- Operational Mining Automation & Robotics
- IT & Digital Platforms - Data Science
- Electrical Engineering
- Mining Engineering - Underground
- Mining Engineering - Open Pit
- Exploration Geology
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgy Mine Geology
- Mining Surveying
- Process Control Systems Engineering
To learn more, follow #newcrestcareers on our LinkedIn and Twitter.
If you are interested, please complete and attach you resume with the application form.
Applications close at 5pm, 7 April 2020.
We will respond to your application/s following that date and if you are successful, applicants will receive an invitation to complete a short video interview.
Please note we can only consider applicants who have unrestricted working rights in Australia and are willing to undertake pre employment checks.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Engineering, Engineering Chemical Processing, Engineering Environmental,...
- Work rights:
New Zealand Citizen, Australian Citizen,...
Sydney, Melbourne, Perth
- Program Duration
- Number of vacancies
- Salary range
100K - 130K
- Position Start Date
- Accepts International
- Remote friendly (Work from home)
- Closing Date:26th Mar 2021, 12:58 am