When you join Norman, Disney & Young, you become part of a unique, talented team of engineers, that strive to improve and make a significant impact to the societies we live in.
As a graduate you can work with a team that design landmark developments, propose to international panels of construction practitioners and work on-site with a team of engineers, contractors and tradespeople.
At NDY we celebrate individuality and we want to fully equip you as a graduate engineer with the knowledge and skills to build your career by offering you a comprehensive two-year development program.
You will experience a program that offers:
- Structured development workshops
- Rotations through various engineering disciplines
- Potential international rotations
- Support by an Online Learning Platform
- The opportunity to lead community projects supporting various charities
- The support of exceptional coaches, mentors and leaders.
In 2022, the Mechanical stream has opportunities in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Canberra and Perth.
You will have completed a degree or major in Mechanical / Mechatronics Engineering.
As a graduate in the mechanical stream you will be involved in a wide range of projects stretching across not just Australia, but the world through our various offices. You will be responsible for the mechanical HVAC system design while coordinating with other services in order to arrive at a final design using industry software. This will encompass working through concepts, drafting equipment and services layout and working with suppliers to ensure a workable and functioning design.
You will gain experience in not just your technical skills but also receive training in your communications and management skills. Technical focus is primarily on thermodynamics and piping systems however NDY presents you with the opportunity to explore other market areas throughout the course of your graduate program.
NDY trains you to not just to be a technical engineer through both internal and external training programs but provides opportunities to develop your personal skills with internal programs with graduates from all areas of the company and face to face opportunities with industry leaders.
You will have a chance to work on projects ranging from fast paced, inner city developments to multi month infrastructure projects that improve the lives of everyone associated with it. From solving difficult coordination problems to working closely with all stakeholders you will have the opportunity to change the shape of a skyline and be part of projects that will be around for generations to come.
Applying for our Graduate Programs
Applications for our 2022 Graduate Program are now open. Before applying for the program, please ensure you meet our eligibility requirements. You must be:
- An Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand Citizen or New Zealand Permanent Resident at the time of submitting this application
- You must have completed your undergraduate or postgraduate degree within the last three years of the program start date (ie 2019, 2020, 2021 or January 2022)
- You must be eligible to commence full time employment in February 2022
- You must be willing to relocate to the role location you are applying to
- Have a credit or above GPA
There are typically five stages to making an application:
- Complete the application form. This includes academic achievement, personal information, career motivation, employment history, extenuating circumstances, language skills, extra-curricular activities and interests.
- Cognitive ability assessments that are designed to test verbal, numerical and logical reasoning skills.
- Video Interview where you will have the opportunity to tell us a bit more about yourself.
- Behavioural assessments that help us to understand your work style preferences and areas for development.
- Assessment Centre and Interviews: Graduates progressing to this stage will be invited to attend a virtual assessment centre. The virtual assessment centre will consist of a series of group activities and individual activities where members of the NDY team will assess performance.
Applications now open for the 2022 Norman Disney & Young Graduate Program!
Applications close 9.59AM (AEST) Monday 2nd August 2021.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Engineering, Engineering Mechanical, Engineering Mechatronics
- Work rights:
Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident,...
Canberra, Brisbane, Melbourne,...
- Closing Date:1st Aug 2021, 11:59 pm