When you join Norman, Disney & Young, you become part of a unique, talented team of engineers, that strive to improve and make a significant impact to the societies we live in.
As a graduate you can work with a team that design landmark developments, propose to international panels of construction practitioners and work on-site with a team of engineers, contractors and tradespeople.
At NDY we celebrate individuality and we want to fully equip you as a graduate engineer with the knowledge and skills to build your career by offering you a comprehensive two-year development program.
You will experience a program that offers:
- Structured development workshops
- Rotations through various engineering disciplines
- Potential international rotations
- Support by an Online Learning Platform
- The opportunity to lead community projects supporting various charities
- The support of exceptional coaches, mentors and leaders.
In 2023, the Fire Protection stream has opportunities in Melbourne.
You will have completed a degree or major in Mechanical, Masters in Fire Engineering or Civil / Structural Engineering.
As a fire protection engineer, graduates will be exposed to the different systems that encompass the building's overall fire suppression strategy. Systems include: Sprinklers, gas suppression, hydrants, hose reels, extinguishers, detection and occupant warning. In this role, the graduate will be expected to coordinate requirements with internal engineers such as the mechanical and fire engineers but also external parties such as the responsible architect and fire rescue Victoria. graduates will gain experience using software such as Revit, Hyena and bluebeam amongst others.
Applying for our Graduate Programs
Applications for our 2023 Graduate Program are now open. Before applying for the program, please ensure you meet our eligibility requirements. You must be:
- An Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand Citizen or New Zealand Permanent Resident at the time of submitting this application
- You must have completed your undergraduate or postgraduate degree within the last three years of the program start date (ie 2020, 2021, 2022 or January 2023)
- You must be eligible to commence full time employment in February 2023
- You must be willing to relocate to the role location you are applying to
- Have a credit or above GPA
There are typically five stages to making an application:
- Complete the application form. This includes academic achievement, personal information, career motivation, employment history, extenuating circumstances, language skills, extra-curricular activities and interests.
- Cognitive ability assessments that are designed to test verbal, numerical and logical reasoning skills.
- Behavioural assessments that help us to understand your work style preferences and areas for development.
- Video Interview where you will have the opportunity to tell us a bit more about yourself.
- Assessment Centre and Interviews: Graduates progressing to this stage will be invited to attend a virtual assessment centre. The virtual assessment centre will consist of a series of group activities and individual activities where members of the NDY team will assess performance.
Applications close 9.59AM (AEST) Monday 1st August 2022.
For more information on NDY and the services we offer, head to https://ndy.com/services.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Engineering, Engineering Mechanical
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- Program Duration
- Closing Date:31st Jul 2022, 11:59 pm