Want to do work that creates meaningful outcomes for the people of NSW?
With one choice, you can create endless opportunities in the NSW Government Graduate Program.
Apply now to the 2021 NSW Government Graduate Program This 18-month program is open to high-performing graduates from all disciplines. Offering three rotations across government agencies, you’ll get exposure to a range of projects and experiences tailored to your interests, while completing a Diploma of Government.
When you successfully complete the program, you will be offered ongoing (permanent) employment at Clerk Grade 3/4 (2nd year) level. Exceptional performers may be fast-tracked to the Clerk Grade 5/6 or 7/8 level.*
Graduates receive a competitive remuneration package of approximately $80,275. This includes a salary of $72,418, employer’s contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
Find your future career with NSW Government
The NSW Government is a proud employer of a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from everyone regardless of age, gender, disability, ethnicity, cultural background, or sexual orientation. We are committed to reflecting the diverse community we serve and creating an inclusive and flexible workplace.
We strive to provide an inclusive and accessible experience for all candidates. During the recruitment process, if you require assistance in relation to disabilities such as visual, hearing, learning or mobility, you can request a reasonable adjustment by contacting Akanksha Joshi on 02 8918 0888, or email [email protected] and tell us your preferred communication method.
We have also partnered with Yarn’n, an Aboriginal employment services provider, to support Aboriginal graduates through the application process. For more information or assistance, please contact Tommy on (02) 9319 4000 or [email protected].
If you meet the below requirements, you can apply to the NSW Government Graduate Program:
- Have completed an undergraduate or postgraduate degree in the last two years (from June 2018 onwards) or will complete your degree by December 2020.
- Are one of the following:
- An Australian citizen o A permanent resident of Australia
- A New Zealand citizen with a current New Zealand passport, or
- Hold a visa that allows you to work full-time in Australia until at least 31 August 2022
- Can commence work on 8 February 2021
How to apply
To get started, fill in the online application form. This will capture all the information we need including your experience and qualifications. No attachments are required.
You must answer two questions as part of your application. Please use examples from your work, education and life experiences in your answers.
- Outline how your previous experience (study, work, or volunteer) demonstrates your suitability for the graduate role. In your response, describe how your personal and professional values are aligned with the NSW public sector values.
- Describe a time where you noticed a colleague or fellow student behaving in an unethical or unprofessional way. What actions did you take?
Hint: We recommend typing your responses in a Word document and then pasting them into the online application form. Each response is limited to 300 words.
If you need technical assistance with your online application, contact the I work for NSW Support Centre at [email protected] or phone 1800 562 679.
Want to know more? Come to our virtual Graduate Information Evening on Monday, 3 August 2020 from 5.30pm to 7.00pm. Register early to secure a spot as places are limited.
Applications close on Monday, 10 August 2020 at 11:59pm (AEST). Late applications will not be accepted.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Accounting, Actuary, Administration, Agriculture, Architecture, Arts...
- Work rights:
New Zealand Citizen, Australian Citizen,...
- Closing Date:10th Aug 2020, 1:58 pm