- Want to become a trusted cyber security advisor to clients
- Keen to be at the forefront of cyber security
- Eager to understand the threat actors on the global stage and the technology protecting governments, companies and our community
- Thrive on protecting clients’ businesses
NTT is looking for a passionate and driven graduate to join the Cyber Security Incident Response (CSIR) team. The CSIR team is essential in providing an orchestrated and rapid security incident response capability, with an oversight of security incident response across wider NTT Managed Security Services clients. You will utilise various security technologies to identify alerts, prioritize and investigate security issues in a fast-paced environment, and maintain the level of communication with internal and client stakeholders. Build your brand in the cyber security space and accelerate your career with this graduate opportunity.
What you can do:
Start your day by getting the lay of the land: look over dashboards, understand reports from the previous shift, including checking for any new threats and identifying malware that may have infiltrated the system. Be prepared for and ready to respond to system breaches or attacks. You will play a pivotal role in protecting clients’ business; responding to hacks, network insecurities and work to prevent new ones.
- Manage day-to-day operations of reviewing Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) alert and other vulnerability management tools; ensure that all the various environments within the Client have adequate scans and assessments performed
- Research and recommend mitigation strategy for current and future threats relevant to the Clients’ environment
- Support the Security Management Lifecycle including:
- Real-time Monitoring
- Incident investigation
- Setup and configure SIEM, including data analysis, rule creation, establish thresholds, reference lists, and other duties
- Setup, investigate, and advanced troubleshooting of log transport agents
- Work with Client technology owners and platform leads to ensure vulnerabilities and issues are patched and remediated on time
- Oversee the implementation and management of operational security reporting activities
- Meet with the internal team to review security reports, status, review any risks, issues, incidents, and outstanding activities
- Vulnerability Management, Malware analysis, Threat hunting and assist in forensic analysis
- Managing stakeholder expectations and assisting in the reduction of the impact of a cybersecurity event or incident
- Update procedural documentation and participate in process improvement with other team members
- Maintain detailed knowledge of the clients’ environment(s)
- Perform post-mortem analyse with logs, network traffic flows, and other recorded information to identify intrusions by unauthorised parties, as well as unauthorized activities of authorised users
What you will learn:
- Security incident response process and Security Management Lifecycle
- Understanding of our clients and their various security requirements
- Exposure to the Security Operations Centre
- SIEM solutions
Key requirements for success:
- Passion for cyber security and incident problem solving
- Graduated in the last three years
- Background in Engineering, IT, Computer Science, Information Systems, Cyber Security, or any other degree where you have the capability to meet the above requirements
- Curious mindset and willingness to learn and adapt to new security technology
- Strong organisational skills & the ability to prioritise multiple complex tasks
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential to influence both technical and non-technical audiences
- Theoretical knowledge of security operations environments and security incident management & response handling
- Theoretical knowledge of Vulnerability Management and Kill chain methodology
- Theoretical knowledge of Firewalls concepts, Web security, End Point Security
- Theoretical knowledge of hacking techniques, latest vulnerabilities
- Windows / Linux skills and keen in upskilling scripting skills, especially python
Your journey to becoming a great CSIR Engineer starts here.
Team your appetite to learn and passion for cyber security with a can-do attitude, and you’re well on your way. If you meet some of these requirements, and need further development in other areas, that is ok. At NTT, we have a culture of continual learning that will allow you to develop further in all these areas and accelerate you career.
We look forward to reviewing your application!
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Compliance, Computer Science, Cyber Security, Data...
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- Program Duration
- Is this a generalist role?
- Position start date
- Accepts International
- Remote friendly (Work from home)
- Closing Date:21st Mar 2021, 12:59 pm