Our Market Risk Summer Internship program is the perfect opportunity for you to explore the critical role that risk management plays in the world of market making.
Kickstart your learning in our global offices, alongside your peers. You'll have the exclusive opportunity to commence your training in Amsterdam, before returning to Singapore to put your knowledge into practice.
Discover what goes on behind the scenes to ensure our trading operations run safely within our risk limits. With guidance from your mentor and team, you'll collaborate on projects that solve Optiver’s real-world challenges. Plus, if you’ve excelled over the summer, you could receive an offer to return as a Graduate Market Risk Analyst.
With Optiver’s internship program, your work improving the market starts today. Apply now.
Who we are
Optiver is a global tech-driven trading firm, with offices in Amsterdam, Sydney, London, Singapore, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Taipei, Chicago and Austin. Founded in 1986, today we are a leading liquidity provider, with close to 2,000 employees in offices around the world, united in our commitment to improve the market through competitive pricing, execution and risk management.
By providing liquidity on multiple exchanges across the world in various financial instruments we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets. We provide liquidity to financial markets using our own capital, at our own risk, trading a wide range of products: listed derivatives, cash equities, ETFs, bonds and foreign currencies.
What you’ll do
- No previous experience in trading or financial markets?
- You bring the passion and we'll have the training to support you along the way.
You'll be immersed in our industry-leading training program, where you'll learn extensive trading principles and concepts. Once you’ve got the basics covered, you’ll put your knowledge into practice and work on a risk specific project. Our experienced risk analysts will mentor and guide you through the process. By the end of the internship, you’ll have a solid theoretical and practical understanding of life as a Market Risk Analyst.
Read Tim’s ‘Day in the Life’ story to learn more.
Who you are
You have a keen interest in financial markets, and are equipped with a strong set of analytical and problem-solving skills. Coupled with a natural curiosity, you're proactive by nature and can work autonomously. In addition, you:
- Are an adept communicator
- Have good planning and organisational skills, with strong attention to detail
- Enjoy working in a collaborative environment
- Have a practical mindset, with the ability to remain calm in a crisis
- Have experience with coding (VBA, Python, Matlab or other) would be a plus
What you’ll get
- The chance to work alongside diverse and intelligent peers in a rewarding environment
- We offer competitive remuneration, including an attractive bonus structure and additional leave entitlements
- Corporate health insurance
- Training, mentorship and personal development opportunities
- Weekly in-house chair massages
- Daily breakfast and lunch
- Regular social events
As an intentionally flat organisation, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued and respected, because we believe our best work is done together.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from any and all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.
- Optiver encourages Singaporean nationals to apply
- A penultimate or pre-penultimate university student
- Job type:Internships
- Disciplines:Accounting, Actuarial Studies, Banking and Finance,...
- Work rights:Other Citizenship Status, Singapore Permanent...
- Locations:Singapore (Singapore)
- accepts international
- Closing Date:8th Oct 2023, 3:59 pm