Work alongside our Traders and Software Developers to leverage the latest technologies, techniques, and hardware available to ensure we have the fastest and most reliable trading systems that are crucial to Optiver’s success.
Join Optiver and accelerate your growth in a truly fascinating, high-performance environment.
WHO WE ARE:
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. For over 35 years, Optiver has been improving financial markets around the world, making them more transparent and efficient for all participants. With a focus on cutting-edge engineering, data science and research, we actively trade on 50+ exchanges, where we’re trusted to always provide accurate buy and sell pricing – no matter the market conditions.
Optiver’s Sydney office is one of the primary players within Asian markets, trading a range of products. As an active participant on the Hong Kong, Korea, Singapore, Taiwan, and Japan exchanges, we act as Optiver’s APAC head office.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
In our world, FPGAs play a critical role in executing successful trades. With no external clients, we operate in a fast feedback, quick release environment. We’ll also give the autonomy and responsibility to apply your fresh ideas.
As a Graduate FPGA Developer, you’ll work in a close-knit team to design and develop highly accurate and efficient devices that solve real business problems. Your goal is to find the simplest solutions to the most complex problems. You’ll also:
- Accelerate network infrastructure and trading systems using latest devices, tools and techniques
- Develop rigorous test benches using a combination of VHDL and System Verilog
- Explore new mechanisms for faster data communication/processing to accelerate network infrastructure and trading systems
- Work with the fastest devices/platforms in the industry
By the end of the program, you’ll have learnt everything you need to know about technology at Optiver. Our dedicated Head of IT Education will work with you on your development. You’ll also enjoy:
- Workshops on a variety of technology-based topics, along with soft skills to support your holistic growth as a Developer
- A dedicated FPGA Development mentor who will show you the ins-and-outs of our development process and how our trading systems work
- Trader training to get you up to speed on our business. This helps you understand the ins-an-outs of trading, allowing you to make a real impact from the early stages of your Optiver career
WHO YOU ARE:
You’re a problem solver at heart, who won’t stop until you’ve found a solution. And then push yourself even further to improve it. You’re deeply passionate about technology, particularly FPGA hardware, and have a range of out-of-classroom projects or activities to prove it. In addition, you’re:
- Knowledgeable about HDL languages: VHDL and/or Verilog as well as some experience with Python and/or C++
- Understand network protocols: Ethernet, IP, TCP/UDP
- Familiar with FPGA logic elements, transceivers, memory and other on-chip resources
- Have some experience developing algorithms in software
- Keen to create high-performance, low-latency designs that critically impact trading success
- Keen to work alongside the best Developers and Traders in the industry, with the humility to continually upskill and improve yourself
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
- AUD $250,000 first year salary package (2023 start)
- The chance to work alongside diverse and intelligent peers in a rewarding environment
- Training, mentorship and personal development opportunities
- Gym membership plus weekly in-house chair massages
- Daily breakfast, lunch and an in-house barista
- Regular social events including an annual company trip
- Work-from-home allowance and support
- Guided relocation and a competitive relocation package where necessary
As an intentionally flat organisation, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued and respected, because we believe our best work is done together.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from any and all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.
- A final year university student or recent graduate
- Studying a Computer Science, Software/Electrical/Mechatronic Engineering or similarly technical degree
- An Australian or New Zealand Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident or able to provide evidence of full working rights
Does this sound like the future you’re looking for? Take up the challenge and apply today!
If you have any questions regarding this opportunity, please contact us at [email protected].
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Actuary, Arts and Humanities, Banking and...
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- Closing Date:14th May 2022, 7:00 am