Graduate FPGA Developer – 2023 or 2024
As our Graduate FPGA Developer, you'll work alongside some of the world's brightest developers and traders to leverage the latest technologies, techniques, and hardware available, to ensure we have the fastest and most reliable trading systems to improve global financial markets.
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. For over 35 years, Optiver has been improving financial markets around the world, making them more transparent and efficient for all participants. With more than 1,600 employees in offices around the world, we’re united in our commitment to improve the market through competitive pricing, execution and thorough risk management. By providing liquidity on multiple exchanges across the world, we actively trade on 70+ exchanges, where we’re trusted to always provide accurate buy and sell pricing – no matter the market conditions.
Optiver’s Sydney office is one of the primary players within Asian markets, trading a range of products. Established in 1996, we're an active participant on the Hong Kong, Korea, Singapore, Taiwan and Japan exchanges, and act as Optiver’s APAC head office.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Know nothing about trading or financial markets? Don't worry, you bring the passion and we'll bring the training to support you along the way.
At Optiver, FPGAs play a critical role in executing successful trades. With no external clients, we operate in a fast feedback, quick release environment.
As our Graduate FPGA Developer, you’ll work in a close-knit team to design and develop highly accurate and efficient devices that solve real business problems. You'll also:
- Take ownership of a project with tangible business value.
- Have the autonomy and responsibility to apply fresh ideas.
- Accelerate network infrastructure and trading systems using latest devices, tools and techniques.
- Develop rigorous test benches using a combination of VHDL and System Verilog.
- Explore new mechanisms for faster data communication/ processing to accelerate network infrastructure and trading systems.
- Work with the fastest devices/platforms in the industry.
By the end of the program, you’ll have learnt the ins-and-outs of our trading systems and the engineering concepts that make them successful.
Aside from technical skills, our dedicated Head of IT Education will also work with you on your development, including:
- Workshops on a variety of tech-based topics, along with soft skills to support your holistic growth as a developer.
- A dedicated mentor who will guide you through our development process and how our trading systems work
- Trader training to get you up to speed on our business. This helps you understand the fundamentals of trading, enabling you to make an impact from the early stages of your Optiver career.
Read Vicky’s story to discover the projects you could work in our FPGA team.
WHO YOU ARE
You’re a problem solver at heart. You won’t stop until you’ve found a solution and then you'll take one step further to improve it. In addition, you’re:
- Deeply passionate about technology, particularly FPGA hardware, and have a range of out-of-classroom projects or activities to prove it.
- Knowledgeable about HDL languages: VHDL and/or Verilog as well as some experience with Python and/or C++
- Understand network protocols: Ethernet, IP, TCP/UDP
- Familiar with FPGA logic elements, transceivers, memory and other on-chip resources
- Have some experience developing algorithms in software
- Keen to create high-performance, low-latency designs that critically impact trading success
- Keen to work alongside the best developers and traders in the industry, with the humility to continually upskill and improve yourself
- A final year university student or recent graduate
- Studying a Computer Science, Software/Electrical/Mechatronic Engineering or similarly technical degree
- An Australian or New Zealand Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident or able to provide evidence of full working rights
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- The chance to work alongside diverse and intelligent peers in a rewarding environment
- Competitive remuneration, including an attractive bonus structure and additional leave entitlements
- Training, mentorship and personal development opportunities
- Gym membership plus weekly in-house chair massages
- Daily breakfast, lunch and an in-house barista
- Regular social events including an annual company trip
- Work-from-home allowance and support
- Guided relocation and a competitive relocation package
As an intentionally flat organisation, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued and respected, because we believe our best work is done together.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from any and all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.
Does this sound like the future you’re looking for? Take up the challenge and apply today!
If you have any questions regarding this opportunity, please contact us at [email protected].
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Disciplines:Computer Science, Engineering, Engineering Software, Mathematics,...
- Work rights:Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident,...
- POSITION START DATE
Feb 2024 (approx)
- Closing Date:3rd Apr 2023, 12:59 pm
Enter an employer or university you want to find in our search bar.