- $200K first year package (2022 start), plus an abundance of perks and benefits
- Relocation assistance if based outside of NSW, including flights and accommodation
- Start dates available for mid-2021 and Feb 2022
What you’ll work on
Every day will present you with new problems and interesting challenges to solve. Traders are always looking for patterns, applying their brand of mathematics and problem solving in order to understand the dynamics of financial markets. The markets are always changing. Yesterday’s strategies may be obsolete today. It’s up to you and your team to drive our success through Optiver’s market leading technology-stack. From your first day on the trading floor, you’ll have autonomy and responsibility to make decisions and make an immediate impact. You’ll be:
- Constantly looking for creative quantitative solutions to real world events ahead of the competition
- Developing your own robust models and algorithms to offer the best price on the products you trade
- Building tools, conducting analysis and leading projects that take your team’s trading strategies to the next level
- Working collectively with leading Traders, Technologists and Researchers in the industry, to stay at the top of our game.
What you’ll learn
You don’t need to understand the financial markets. We’ll teach you that. Our renowned three-month Trader training program provides you with everything you need to know - the theory, the markets, the strategies and the technology. You’ll go through a steep and continuous learning curve that will challenge and develop you. You’ll have:
- Heads of Trading and Technology Education, dedicated to providing the guidance and feedback that will ensure you’re ready to hit the trading floor running
- A highly collaborative classroom style environment to help you build foundational trading knowledge
- A simulated trading environment with live market data, allowing you to enhance your decision-making skills in real-time
- Multiple opportunities to shadow experienced Traders on the trading floor, as well as spend time with senior mentors
- After three months, you’ll join an existing trading team and take responsibility for your own spot; a live market with real money and real risk. With guidance from your experienced team, you’ll be immediately contributing to our business.
Who you are
You’re a lateral thinker quick to apply your brand of maths to understand quantitative problems. You have an interest in a variety of activities that could be classed as quantitatively challenging, fast paced, competitive or analytically rigorous. You’re also a strong believer in the power of collaborative problem solving. You may already be passionate about trading, or it may have only recently piqued your interest.
One of Optiver’s key strengths is our breadth of trading strategies. We recruit for a variety of skillsets, and through the training program we’ll identify in which of the following areas you best fit.
1. Options Market Maker
You love puzzles, predictions and problem solving. You’re always hungry to learn. You’re driven to understand the why, and you’re also comfortable making decisions under uncertainty. You have a real passion for quantitative problems and a flair for numbers.
2. Delta 1 Trader
You have a love for statistical analysis and deriving insights from big data sets. You enjoy micro analysis and applying those insights to the bigger picture. You possess a competitive spirit that drives you to never settle for 'good enough'.
3. Wholesale Trader
Building rapport comes naturally to you. You enjoy developing strong relationships and you don’t take yourself too seriously. You have amazing communication skills and remain focused under pressure. You’re passionate about quantitative problems and have a flair for numbers. And you have an inherent drive to work in a fast paced, sometimes uncertain environment.
- A final year/Honours/Masters/PhD student or a recent graduate (up to 4 years)
- An Australian or New Zealand Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident or able to secure full working rights after graduating
Who we are
Optiver. It's a combination of the Dutch words for 'trading' and 'options'. And that's what we do. We're a leader in Options trading (and other financial products) on the world's financial markets.
At Optiver, we do things a bit differently to most businesses. We operate without clients, taking risks and reaping the rewards ourselves. We play by our own rules and maintain an informal culture to make sure it's fun. We skip the mindless meetings and get on with it. And we celebrate high performance, individual excellence and doing better every day. We take serious things very seriously - like chasing wins and embracing the challenges of the market. We collaborate to solve open-ended problems in the most competitive market there is. We're about fast feedback and speedy solutions. Since we take the risk, we reap the rewards. And that's just how we like it. We collaborate to innovate. We share knowledge, ideas and the glory when everything goes right.
More than 1000 Optiverians around the world work to improve the market. Optiver's a powerhouse of creative problem-solving and collaboration. It's an incredible team to be a part of. We like challenges. We love success. And we're proud of our culture, designed to give you plenty of opportunity and support to do amazing things.
What we offer
Optiver is a genuinely high performing environment. We support our people with a range of benefits, all designed to make life a little better. From free lunches to CSR initiatives, generous leave policies and gym memberships, there are plenty of ways to get more out of life as an Optiverian. Weekly massages, meditation training and lots of wellness perks. There are also plenty of ways to unwind, from our famous games room and social clubs to our many internal sports teams. And with a culture that celebrates wins, you can bet that from our monthly social events, annual trip, Christmas party and more, you'll find time to meet your fellow Optiverians and enjoy a party or two.
Optiver also believes in getting better every day. Our internal learning and development programs are designed to help you get to the next level. With in-house experts, a structured learning program and plenty of opportunities to learn as you work, you're always developing new skills. Which helps when you're solving the most interesting problems in the world.
We recruit on a rolling basis so the sooner you apply, the sooner you could secure your Graduate role!
Optiver embraces diversity and strives to provide an inclusive professional experience. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds and we are committed to a fair and respectful recruitment process. If you have any requirements for reasonable adjustments to enable you to fully demonstrate your abilities, please let us know how we can accommodate you.
If you have any questions regarding this opportunity, please contact us at [email protected].
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Work rights:
Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident,...
- accepts international
- Closing Date:31st May 2021, 1:59 pm