Graduate Quantitative Trader – 2023 or 2024
WHO WE ARE
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. For over 35 years, Optiver has been improving financial markets around the world, making them more transparent and efficient for all participants. With more than 1,600 employees in offices around the world, we’re united in our commitment to improve the market through competitive pricing, execution and thorough risk management. By providing liquidity on multiple exchanges across the world, we actively trade on 70+ exchanges, where we’re trusted to always provide accurate buy and sell pricing – no matter the market conditions.
Optiver’s Sydney office is one of the primary players within Asian markets, trading a range of products. Established in 1996, we're an active participant on the Hong Kong, Korea, Singapore, Taiwan and Japan exchanges, and act as Optiver’s APAC head office.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Know nothing about trading or financial markets? Don't worry, you bring the passion and we'll bring the training to support you along the way.
Immerse yourself in the buzz and excitement of our dynamic trading floor. You’re given significant responsibility early on and encouraged to challenge the status quo.
Every day will present you with new and interesting problems to solve. And it’s up to you and your team to drive our success through Optiver’s cutting edge technology-stack. You’ll be:
- Trading, while constantly looking for creative quantitative solutions to real world events, ahead of the competition
- Developing your own robust models and algorithms to offer the best price on the products you trade
- Building tools, conducting analysis and leading projects that take your team’s trading strategies to the next level
- Collaborating with the industry's best to stay at the top of our game
WHO YOU ARE
You’re a lateral thinker, with a passion for quantitative problems and working in dynamic environments. You believe in the power of collaborative problem solving and may have an interest in trading or financial markets.
We offer a range of opportunities in our trading teams. Through our training program, we'll find the perfect match for you.
- Options Market Maker
As an Options Trader, during market hours, you'll be making quick, yet sharp, trading decisions, based on the data available. You love puzzles, predictions and have a flair for numbers. You’re driven to understand the why, but you’re also comfortable with making decisions under uncertainty. Outside of market hours, you'll work on projects that'll further set you up for success during trading hours.
Check out Will’s ‘Day in the life’ feature to learn more.
- Delta 1 Trader
As a D1 trader, you’ll be in charge of running and constantly improving Optiver’s automated trading strategies. Whether it’s conducting a micro-analysis on part of the trading stack, or searching for new, novel trading signals in large, noisy data sets, you’ll be using your strong quantitative skills to continually solve trading problems which don’t have textbook solutions. You will collaborate closely with researchers and developers to trade, using Optiver’s cutting-edge statistical models and machine learning algorithms.
Check out Jason’s ‘Day in the life’ feature to learn more.
- Institutional Trader
As an Institutional trader, you'll be making quick trading decisions, whilst working closely with third parties. You have strong communication skills and can remain focused under pressure. You’re passionate about quantitative problems and have a flair for numbers. Building rapport comes naturally to you, and you enjoy developing strong relationships with your colleagues and entities outside of Optiver.
Check out Matt's ‘Day in the life’ feature to learn more.
- A final year university student or recent graduate
- An Australian or New Zealand Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident or able to provide evidence of full working rights
WHAT YOU’LL GET
- The chance to work alongside diverse and intelligent peers in a rewarding environment
- Competitive remuneration, including an attractive bonus structure and additional leave entitlements
- Training, mentorship and personal development opportunities
- Gym membership plus weekly in-house chair massages
- Daily breakfast, lunch and an in-house barista
- Regular social events including an annual company trip
- A work-from-home allowance and support
- Guided relocation and a competitive relocation package
As an intentionally flat organisation, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued and respected, because we believe our best work is done together. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from any and all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.
Does this sound like the future you’re looking for? Take up the challenge and apply today!
If you have any questions regarding this opportunity, please contact us at [email protected].
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Disciplines:Computer Science, Engineering, Engineering Software, Mathematics,...
- Work rights:Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident,...
- POSITION START DATE
Feb 2024 (approx)
- Closing Date:3rd Apr 2023, 12:59 pm
Enter an employer or university you want to find in our search bar.