- Generous salary, plus an abundance of perks and benefits
- Flights and accommodation provided if based outside of NSW
- 10-week internship over summer
What you’ll work on
Over the 10 weeks, you’ll participate in a highly interactive derivative theory training course that covers extensive trading principles and concepts, delivered by our Head of Trader Education.
You’ll then be part of a small team who develop and deliver the risk management activities of the entire firm, in a fast-paced and dynamic trading environment. To keep us at the forefront of an ever-changing trading environment, you’ll create and improve risk monitoring tools. You’ll analyse risk and market data to solve practical problems. Day to day you will:
- Control market and credit related risks in the Asia-Pacific region
- Maintain and improve market and credit risk management governance and control frameworks
- Advise on limits policies and methodologies, following up and enforcing solutions for limit violations
- Maintain, improve upon, and build risk reports and tools
- Prepare daily reports for the Local Head of Risk
- Provide risk opinions and views to Trading and Management
- Contribute daily to ensuring that the Risk Management team stay up to date with new developments in the risk arena
What you’ll learn
You’ll gain a unique insight into the trading environment at a market leading trading firm. You’ll develop skills to build your career in the financial markets. You’ll experience our passion for continuously developing a risk management mindset across the business. You will be given autonomy, responsibility and the support required to excel. You’ll be an integral part of a multiskilled team, in a stimulating, adrenaline-filled environment.
Who you are
You have a keen interest in the financial markets, with strong analytical and problem-solving skills, coupled with a natural curiosity. You also:
- Are an adept communicator
- Have good planning and organisational skills, with strong attention to detail
- Are proactive by nature and can work autonomously
- Enjoy working in a collaborative environment
- Have a practical mindset with the ability to remain calm in a crisis
- Experience with coding (VBA, Python, Matlab or other) would be a plus
- A penultimate / pre-penultimate year university student
- An Australian or New Zealand Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident or able to provide evidence of full working rights for the duration of the Internship
Who we are
Optiver. It's a combination of the Dutch words for 'trading' and 'options'. And that's what we do. We're a leader in Options trading (and other financial products) on the world's financial markets.
At Optiver, we do things a bit differently to most businesses. We operate without clients. We play by our own rules and maintain an informal culture to make sure it's fun. We skip the mindless meetings and get on with it. And we celebrate high performance, individual excellence and doing better every day. We take serious things very seriously - like chasing wins and embracing the challenges of the market. We collaborate to solve open-ended problems in the most competitive market there is. We're about fast feedback and speedy solutions. Since we take the risk, we reap the rewards. And that's just how we like it. We collaborate to innovate. We share knowledge, ideas and the glory when everything goes right.
More than 1000 Optiverians around the world work to improve the market. Optiver's a powerhouse of creative problem-solving and collaboration. It's an incredible team to be a part of. We like challenges. We love success. And we're proud of our culture, designed to give you plenty of opportunity and support to do amazing things.
What we offer
Optiver is a genuinely high performing environment. We support our people with a range of benefits, all designed to make life a little better. From free lunches to corporate social responsibility initiatives, generous leave policies and gym memberships, there are plenty of ways to get more out of life as an Optiverian. There are also plenty of ways to unwind, from our famous games room, social clubs and our many internal sports teams to weekly massages, meditation training and lots of other wellness perks. And with a culture that celebrates wins, you can bet that from our monthly social events, annual trip, Christmas party and more, you'll find time to meet your fellow Optiverians and enjoy a party or two.
Optiver also believes in getting better every day. Our internal learning and development programs are designed to help you get to the next level. With in-house experts, a structured learning program and plenty of opportunities to learn as you work, you're always developing new skills. Which helps when you're solving the most interesting problems in the world.
We recruit on a rolling basis so the sooner you apply, the sooner you could secure your internship!
Optiver embraces diversity and strives to provide an inclusive professional experience. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds and we are committed to providing a fair and respectful recruitment process. If you have any requirements for reasonable adjustments to enable you to fully demonstrate your abilities, please let us know how we can accommodate you.
If you have any questions regarding this opportunity, please contact us at [email protected].
- Job type:Internships
- Work rights:
Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident,...
- accepts international
- Closing Date:17th May 2021, 1:59 pm