- Would you like a head start with your future career?
- Would you like to gain valuable paid experience whilst studying?
- East Coast Metro locations- Brisbane, Melbourne, Sydney & Adelaide
A great Origin opportunity
Together we’re powering a cleaner, smarter energy future for Australia and beyond, always looking for better ways to deliver for our customers – and for our people.
Good energy starts with you, our great people.
This position is only open to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants. The filling of this position is intended to constitute a special/equal opportunity measure under section 8(1) of the Racial Discrimination Act 1975 (Cth), and the relevant state acts.
At Origin, we value diversity and inclusion and believe in the power of a balanced organisation. Providing employment opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples helps us deliver on our purpose and goals, particularly our Reconciliation Action Plan.
We have six exciting Indigenous cadetship opportunities for students in their penultimate year of studies to gain valuable work experience with the aim of joining our team once you have graduated. Cadetship opportunities are available across Origin, in IT. Energy Markets and, Energy Supply and Operations businesses.
Work flexibly around your studies for the first year whilst learning about us and gaining valuable work experience. Then when you have graduated, we would love to discuss the potential for a permanent role with us.
On top of your salary during the Cadetship, Origin will reimburse your final year tuition fees, plus provide bursary support to help you kick start your career. Conditions and Limits Apply
Your responsibilities will include:
- With support and supervision deliver key work tasks and activities as directed and In line with the cadets' development plan
- Work on personal development and learning
- Develop understanding of the energy/ gas Industry
- Connect to the Indigenous Employee Network
- Work collaboratively with points of contact across Business Energy and IT to drive continuous business improvement
IS THIS YOU?
Are you in your penultimate year of studies and considering what you will do for your career?
We are seeking applications from students in the following university disciplines:
- IT and Cyber Security
- Science (any discipline)
- Business or Commerce
You’ll need to be enthusiastic and self-motivated with the ability to work independently, creatively, and analytically in problem-solving environments. You will have excellent communication skills and a commitment to stakeholder management.
To be considered you will have:
- Be an Australian citizen and identify as Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander
- Be in your penultimate year of studies
- Have a GPA of 4 and above
- Enthusiasm for learning and building a career in the Energy Industry
- Experience supporting a local community organisation
Supporting our Indigenous Employees
Being employed at Origin you will have access to support groups to support you in your career. These include:
- Indigenous Employee Network (IEN) - the purpose of the IEN is to connect and support our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employees, as well as providing input into business decisions relating to Reconciliation
- Reconciliation @ Origin Working Group – This group will connect you with other Origin employees interested in and striving to push forward Origin’s commitment to Reconciliation. We share good news stories and insights to Reconciliation in action at Origin.
A great team to join
It's an exciting time to join Origin. Together we’re powering a cleaner, smarter energy future for Australia and beyond, always looking for better ways to deliver for our customers – and for our people.
Origin. Good energy
At Origin, our focus is on getting energy right for our customers, communities, and planet. Because we know it’s up to us to shape the future of energy. Today, we serve more than 4.2 million customers, are one of the most significant energy producers in the country and listed in the ASX Top 50 companies.
For more information contact: Matt Rix - 07 3028 5003, quote Requisition ID: 78477
Origin recognises Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples as the Traditional Custodians of country throughout Australia, and we pay our respects to Elders past, present and future.
Here's a little about what makes us, us: www.careers.originenergy.com.au
- Job type:Cadetships
Accounting, Actuary, Administration, Agriculture, Architecture, Arts...
- Work rights:
Sydney, Brisbane, Adelaide,...
- Position Start Date
- Program Duration
- Closing Date:31st Jul 2021, 2:00 am