Your future starts here. Join us.
Working alongside some of the best in the industry, you’ll be both challenged and supported in this exciting role.
Perpetual and Fordham are seeking a professional individual who is seeking to begin their career in accounting. Our Graduate Accounts are part of a strong client service team of a growing accounting practice focussed on business owners; delivering accounting and taxation services for the full range of private business structures extending to compliance, business improvement and advisory services.
What will you be doing?
Sounds interesting? Here are some specifics about the opportunity:
- Reporting to a Team Manager you will assist in the timely delivery of services to clients in accordance with client demand and lodgement deadlines, based on an understanding and contribution to various phases of a Fordham client engagement.
- Learning our client’s systems of accounting and finance control.
- Assisting to prepare tax returns, letters, notes, schedules and financial information using best practice accounting software and other financial software tools.
- Developing a thorough working knowledge of Accounting concepts and the Australian tax system including ability to identify and apply a range of technical issues clients face.
- Maintaining effective and open communication channels with colleagues and clients at all times.
- Maintaining accountability over personal productivity in accordance with budget expectations
- General administration including electronic timesheets, electronic filing system maintenance and scanning.
To be eligible for the Fordham Program
- Be an Australian or New Zealand Citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident at the time of submitting this application
- Partly completed or completed Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Accounting/Commerce within the last three years of the program start date (ie 2019, 2020, 2021 or February 2022)
- Be available to commence in February 2022
- Be willing to relocate to the location of the role you are applying to
- Have a credit or above WAM/ GPA
Why join Fordham and Perpetual?
Perpetual is one of Australia’s leading financial institutions and blue-chip brands. We’ve been earning the trust from our clients for 130 plus years, some over four generations. Fordham is a specialist accounting firm within Perpetual. We work with many different client groups such as, business owners, high net wealth families, Managed Investment Trusts (MITs), special purpose vehicles and investor groups.
Working for us, you’ll be joining a growing client-focused and collaborative global team with a values and purpose-driven culture.
We value Diversity and Inclusion and know that the unique backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives of our people contribute immensely to the delivery of our purpose and strategy. We’re living this commitment as a WGEA Employer of Choice for Gender Equality and have a growing number of employee-led networks to raise awareness and promote Diversity and Inclusion at Perpetual.
Perpetual is proud to work directly with over 23 Aboriginal language groups in various communities across Australia and we pay our respects to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People: and to their Elders past and present. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are strongly encouraged to apply.
Working for us you will enjoy:
- A fully flexible working environment – Empowering you to work where and how you work best
- An additional week of paid leave each year
- Access to our Wellbeing Benefits and Perpetual Discounts providing discounts and special offers on entertainment, clothing, homeware, gift cards, technology, travel, dining and more
- Market competitive Parental Leave.
How do you apply? We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit and welcome applications from diverse candidates. If you require adjustments to our recruitment process, please speak to a member of the Perpetual Talent Acquisition team. If you are interested in this position, please click on APPLY FOR THIS JOB to submit an up-to-date copy of your resume. A member of the Perpetual Talent Acquisition team will be in contact once your application has been reviewed.
#THRIVE #ACHIEVE #GROW
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- Closing Date:27th Dec 2021, 12:59 pm