Having been recognized as a Retailer of the year, with 90% of our team being proud to work here & recommending PETstock as a great place to work, we've built a business based on family values and the passion for pets.
Everyday we're growing & expanding…and even after almost 20 years, this remains PETstock's DNA!With more than 190 sites across Australia and New Zealand, we're proud to provide our customers with good old-fashioned customer service.
Supporting our amazing retail stores and veterinary services is our Ballarat & South Melbourne Support Office teams. Our support roles play an integral part in the success of our business…and we want you to be part of the PETstock family!
Based in our Ballarat National Support Office, you will:
- Assist with corporate month end duties, making month end adjustment entries such as charges & accruals
- Be involved in various P & L reviews as required, such as investigating & correcting anomalies
- Contribute to the balance sheet review
- Capitalise assets for an allocation of stores
- Assist the Accounts Receivable department with queries
- Be responsible for the reconciliation of accounts across several of our online stores
- Support with other accounting tasks where required
What you will bring to us:A 'can-do' attitude
- Be able to work in a fast-paced environment where no two days are the same
- Have an undergraduate qualification in accounting with 1 year + in a similar role
- Have a high level of initiative, exhausting all investigation avenues before escalation of issues
- Proactively seek to improve processes, submit thoughtful ideas to improve efficiency
- Be able to articulate financial matters and convey information to those without technical training
- Will have understanding of intercompany accounting, being able to troubleshoot & correct imbalances
- Have an advanced understanding of accounting entries, and the flow of transactions through an accounting system
- Be a savvy IT operator, very confident using a variety of programs
- Have the ability to quickly troubleshoot a variety of programs
- Have strong MS Excel skills, including: Pivot tables, look up functions and tables
- Have a keen interest to expand IT skills – SQL, data cubes to name a few
- Ideally have taken some IT classes throughout high school and Uni
What we can offer you:
- A strong commitment to YOUR growth & development
- Opportunity to work with a supportive Manager
- You will be recognised for your hard work & passion in our regular awards programs
- Significant employee savings for you, your family & your pets
- The opportunity to contribute & make a difference in the lives of pets and their families through PETstock Assist, our in-house charitable foundation – Check out more about PSA - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3P7UvR5XeI&feature=youtu.be
- The opportunity to be part of a fun, caring work culture, where you will be made to feel part of the PETstock family
- Access to PETstock's #petspiration Health & Wellbeing program
- Free mental health counselling support services & discounted health care, banking & financial services - https://www.assureprograms.com.au/
If this sounds like you, apply online today.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
Ballarat, Regional Victoria
- Closing Date:25th Nov 2021, 12:59 pm