About the Company
Pinnacle (ASX:PNI) is a A$84.9bn global asset management business headquartered in Sydney, Australia, with additional offices throughout Asia, Europe, and the US. Pinnacle’s philosophy is to provide specialist investment managers with superior infrastructure, support and distribution services to enable them to focus on delivering investment excellence to their clients. Our 16 affiliated managers (across public and private markets) operate autonomously, in line with our philosophy that ‘supported independence’ is an essential ingredient in sustaining investment excellence and business resilience over the long term.
Pinnacle offers a diverse and inclusive environment. Our values of Client Focus, Honesty and Integrity, Innovation and Empowerment guide all our actions.
The Risk and Compliance team is a well-regarded partner to the business, who help minimise our risk exposure and ensure compliance with regulatory authorities. This opportunity provides for immediate immersion in risk and compliance responsibilities and the opportunity to learn from subject matter experts in a flat structure. Our working environment is supportive, with a focus on enabling our students and Graduates to develop and perform to their best.
- Supporting the implementation of compliance obligations;
- Supporting enhancements to the risk and compliance frameworks;
- Assisting with business continuity management procedures, including supporting the annual review and testing requirements;
- Assisting with risk governance processes such as internal assessment, reporting processes and requirements, particularly regarding third party risk management;
- Supporting quarterly risk & compliance reporting process for committees and boards including collating information, tracking and analysing risk appetite and associated tolerance levels for key risk indicators and risk culture metrics;
- Further developing and embedding a 'risk culture' analysis and reporting process, with a focus on gathering and analysing metrics and data for quarterly board reporting;
- Maintenance of the risk register;
- Meeting preparation, including setting agendas, collating minutes and actions, and following up as required;
- Assisting with new fund documentation as required;
- Rollout of various training modules across the business, including monitoring of completion rates and providing progress updates and reporting.
What we are seeking:
- A Graduate degree (or a final year student graduating this year) in Finance, Commerce or Economics with excellent academic results;
- The ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Experience in financial services or investment management, via work placements or internships, will be highly regarded;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Strong work ethic;
- Resilience, sincerity, tenacity and commitment to a long-term career with Pinnacle;
- Must be an Australian citizen or hold PR to be considered for this role.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Banking and Finance, Business and Commerce,...
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, Australian Citizen
- Work from home:
Employees are allowed to work remotely some of the time but most of the work is done at the company’s physical office. Remote work is considered a perk or a privilege. For example, an employee may work from home for 1-2 days per week.
- Closing Date:20th May 2022, 8:00 am